On 8/24/2021 at 5:34 PM, manmower said:

Same, I've already put my ""CovidSafe"" (lol) ticket to good use in the 10 or so days since it was introduced. Went to three shows, capacity ranging from 1.500 to 20.000 people. No masks, distancing, or any measures at all once you're past the checkpoints and inside the venue. But everyone's free to be as careful as they want of course. I am not exactly tongue kissing strangers right now, still not even shaking hands in fact, but not really fearing for my own health anymore either, totally trust the vaccine will have my back until long after those antibodies wane. That seems to be more of an issue for those who were in higher risk groups to begin with, i.e., more important for them to stop the initial infection from spreading as they may have a harder time fighting symptomatic disease.

Obviously don't feel like putting anyone else at any unnecessary risk because of my own behavior, so I've been making liberal use of rapid antigen tests at home before going anywhere these days (always ones approved by the Federal Agency for Medicines and Health Products, for what it's worth).

Think the autumn and winter could still get rough but nothing like it was before, and once we're through that for all intents and purposes the entire population will have been vaccinated and/or infected. For most of us that should mean lasting protection from a virus that by its nature mutates much slower than influenza. Kind of hope we don't go overboard with the boosters for the general population, although they certainly do make sense for certain demographics.

literal twilight zone shit. so glad to have lived the last year in the south where things have been much normaler than most of the rest of the world. visiting seattle in april where 99% of people were wearing double masks outside was ?

pretty much stopped wearing masks completely after memorial day. they tried to reimplement a mask policy after delta started to kick off but largely no one cares. i carry one to put on in the even it makes someone uncomfortable enough to say something but mask compliance seems to be like 60-70% in the city and drops off a cliff once you move out into the suburbs. eventually you guys will come to realize that this shit isn't going to end because it's not meant to end.

On 9/15/2021 at 10:30 PM, ambermonke said:

lhaiz728w9n71.jpg

This is worth tracking down in its original format because she does this weird head tilt as she looks you straight in the eye. It's somewhere between intimidation and seduction? 

B.C. says it can't take patients from Alberta's overwhelmed ICUs

Alberta is battling a punishing 4th wave with the highest number of COVID cases in the country

Lol @ the little passive-aggressive digs, "Punishing" indeed (for their appallingly moronic approach to the COVID situation over the summer) ...  It's not really funny tho, nothing about this is funny 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, randomsummer said:

That's a horse-lookin' lady if I ever saw one.

“This is your face on Ivermectin. Any questions?”

Edited by baph
  • Burger 1

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlieporterfield/2021/09/20/675000-american-deaths-coronavirus-now-deadlier-than-the-spanish-flu/?sh=75c6088c720a

''The U.S. reported 675,444 total confirmed coronavirus on Monday according to a tally from Johns Hopkins University, surpassing the number of Americans believed to have died during the Flu of 1918 and making the coronavirus the most deadly pandemic in American history.  ''

Edited by thefxbip
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, thefxbip said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlieporterfield/2021/09/20/675000-american-deaths-coronavirus-now-deadlier-than-the-spanish-flu/?sh=75c6088c720a

''The U.S. reported 675,444 total confirmed coronavirus on Monday according to a tally from Johns Hopkins University, surpassing the number of Americans believed to have died during the Flu of 1918 and making the coronavirus the most deadly pandemic in American history.  ''

not a one-to-one comparison i'm making here but i can't help but point this out:

Acuna-Soto_EID-v8n4p360_Fig1.png

While it is difficult to determine exactly how many Natives lived in North America before Columbus,[10] estimates range from 3.8 million, as mentioned above, to 7 million[11] people to a high of 18 million.[12] Historian David Stannard estimates that the extermination of indigenous peoples took the lives of 100 million people: "...the total extermination of many American Indian peoples and the near-extermination of others, in numbers that eventually totaled close to 100,000,000.". [13]

The aboriginal population of Canada during the late 15th century is estimated to have been between 500,000[14] and two million.[15] Repeated outbreaks of Old World infectious diseases such as influenza, measles and smallpox (to which they had no natural immunity) were the main cause of depopulation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_history_of_Indigenous_peoples_of_the_Americas

• Like 5

I would absolutely love to see a gory b-movie about a dude that murders his familly members/housemates because they keep exceeding their pod's annual per housemate microcovid risk budget. "I see you brought back a bag of wholewheat buns from the self-service bakery. That's very kind of you Sally. Have you looked at the pod activity log sheet that I've been keeping for you lately?"  "..." "You're at 1.01% Sally. Do you realize what that means? DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THAT MEANS?! HAVE YOU NO REGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE!! HOW DARE YOU VIOLATE THE SANCTITY OF THIS POD! LOOK WHAT YOU'RE MAKING ME DO YOU DUMB LOOSE BREADROLL BUYING WHORE! " etc.

Edited by user
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1