2 hours ago, Amen Warrior said:

I've been cancelled by my wife's entire family for sending her unvaccinated antivax cousin the dancing african pallbearers gif after hearing the news that she has covid.

The joke didn't go over as I'd expected

Hahahah! That’s amazing!

When my girlfriend’s sister got the vaccine she called my girlfriend and said her arm was magnetic because her plastic lighter was able to stick to her shoulder. 

o_______O

• Thanks 1
  • Farnsworth 1
  • Big Brain 1

4 hours ago, Amen Warrior said:

I've been cancelled by my wife's entire family for sending her unvaccinated antivax cousin the dancing african pallbearers gif after hearing the news that she has covid.

The joke didn't go over as I'd expected

Yeah, well, it's kind of an insult to have a couple of guys without masks carrying a casket with their groins.

Brilliant set of gifs btw (the more you discover... thx!) ?

giphy.gif?cid=63e6b07ee65eos62tjp0bdoyuf

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

This doesn’t tell us anything with regard to how it behaves. For all we know it could be milder and less contagious

17 minutes ago, nikisoko said:

This doesn’t tell us anything with regard to how it behaves. For all we know it could be milder and less contagious

Yeah, I didn’t promise any of that. I said you’ll be hearing that word soon, once the media seizes on it.

Until last October I didn't know anyone IRL who had been actually diagnosed with covid. Just some suspected cases. Now I know quite a lot of people with positive diagnosis.

It's coming for me. I can feel it getting closer..

In two days I'll be having the third jab.

On 1/9/2022 at 8:56 AM, nikisoko said:

From the article:

He [the researcher] believes omicron will also overtake deltacron, he added.

So it seems like the guy who discovered deltacron currently believes that it will be less either less virulent or less transmissible (I’m guessing the latter). 

At this point I feel like it’s almost inevitable that everyone will get some form of COVID-19, although it may continue to weaken in virulence, to be more like the common cold (which is also caused by coronavirus, though not exclusively). We will probably end up addressing it like the flu although boosters/vaccines may have to be more frequent. 

At present though, obviously it is still a massive issue and we should all be doing our best to follow safe practices when out and about, and getting vaccinated/boosted. 

15 minutes ago, ignatius said:

what's it say? couldn't find an english language version

Sorry my bad.. 

The doctor received a positive response to the rapid test using Fanta Exotic.  - I expected a negative answer because a lot of it on TikTok is fake, so I was really surprised.  The "gold standard" for virus testing is PCR. This is where you as a patient get such a stick in the nose and throat, which is then sent to the lab for analysis.

It is relavant to this:

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20210705-how-children-are-spoofing-covid-19-tests-with-soft-drinks

Edited by cern
  • Like 2

currently, Urine is trending on twitter. had to check that out and this is where it leads. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/anti-vax-leader-christopher-key-urges-followers-to-drink-their-own-urine-to-fight-covid-19

Anti-COVID-19 “Vaccine Police” leader Christopher Key has a new quarter-baked conspiracy theory for his anti-vax followers to use to cure themselves of COVID-19: Drink their own urine. “The antidote that we have seen now, and we have tons and tons of research, is urine therapy. OK, and I know to a lot of you this sounds crazy, but guys, God’s given us everything we need,” Key said in a video posted over the weekend on his Telegram account after being released from jail over a trespassing charge. “This has been around for centuries,” he added. “When I tell you this, please take it with a grain of salt,” the anti-vaccine advocate warned while saying people might now think he is “cray cray.” “Now drink urine!” he continued. “This vaccine is the worst bioweapon I have ever seen,” he concluded. “I drink my own urine!” Reached for comment by The Daily Beast on Sunday night, Key doubled down on what he calls “urine therapy” and railed against “foolish” people who took the COVID-19 vaccine, which is safe and effective.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1

Bob Saget dying...anti-vaxxers drinking piss...one of my work colleagues is leaving to go work at Meta...this has all been a bit too much for me today... I'd like to return to my bed and never leave it ever again.

• Like 1