36 minutes ago, ignatius said:

that sounds very plausible but i wouldn't be surprised if he fails upwards again and does a beautiful bigly winning campaign. 

If he gets indicted, it can be very difficult to raise money except from small donors, and he can’t raise anything on FB anymore.

1 hour ago, dcom said:

What. The. Actual. F.

What a senseless waste of human life.

won't be surprised to find out in a year or whatever that that woman is a russian asset or something. 

also, southern butthurt religious fucktards can fuck off to the moon

edit: really.. someone shut her up. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kate_Shemirani

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dcom said:

What. The. Actual. F.

I hope the vaccine does kill me so I don't have to share the planet with these fucking cretins anymore.

• Like 1

Same, got 2 shots of Comirnaty 5 weeks apart, last one now two weeks ago, so guess I officially count towards the fully vaccinated stat now.

To be honest I wouldn't mind running into delta at this point, for a relatively low-risk shot at the coveted hybrid immunity.

• Farnsworth 1

5 hours ago, dcom said:

Achievement unlocked  - fully COVID-19 vaccinated (w/ Pfizer-Biontech).

Good for you, man. I was supposed to be having mine on Sunday but I just caught covid last week so have to put it off for a month.

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, dcom said:

Achievement unlocked  - fully COVID-19 vaccinated (w/ Pfizer-Biontech).

I'm getting my 2nd Pfizer on Wednesday.  Brought it forward so I could be fully Vaxx'd ready for the festival....

But...

The festival cancelled due to pingdemic and not having enough staff to get on with the site build

Had my second pfizer 5G shot almost two weeks ago (2 weeks coming Thursday) and must say I didn't notice anything besides a sore shoulder this time. So no noticeable side-effects for me. Either already I had covid without knowing. Or I'm just lucky not to have those side-effect others seemed to have.

My new magnetic powers are awesome though!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Satans Little Helper said:

So no noticeable side-effects for me.

I had some expected intramuscular pain from the needle the first time, this second one doesn't seem to differ. I've never had any adverse side-effects from any vaccinations, I've taken the flu shot every year as long as I can remember - including the ill-fated Pandemrix. My SO got a slight bout of fatigue from the second COVID jab, she slept for half a day and that was it.

In Finland everyone is required to sit and wait at their point of vaccination for 15 minutes, nurses circulate among those waiting to ensure everyone's OK and EMTs are present to handle possible crises. Everything's going smoothly, Finland has 65 % first dose,  31,4 % fully vaccinated. Things are looking good, although the infections are on the rise - but concentrating on under-30s who haven't been vaccinated yet. Here's an excellent digest of the current situation.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

No side effects other than a sore arm here too.  Rumour has it the Pfizer one (one I got) tends to be pretty mild, whereas the Moderna one puts a lot of people through the wringer.  (not sure if there are other options out there, those are just the two available where I am.  The couple people I know who had a hellish time after the second dose both got Moderna, supporting the theory.)  So pro tip - if you're able to request one or the other, go with Pfizer.

I undeniably had a bit of a Blue Tuesday a couple of days after my second shot, but already wasn't feeling 100% in the week leading up to it. First shot was just the stiff arm (which incidentally I didn't notice as much the second time around).

One friend of mine felt under the weather for a week after his first dose, two others got fever and chills after the second one. Another friend's brother-in-law has caught the dreaded heart inflammation... but it was several weeks after his second dose, the dude was training for some kind of ultramarathon and I don't know the details, so make of that what you will. All Pfizer-BioNTech.

I'm looking forward to my second pfizerino in two weeks, and to see whether the extreme sense of relaxation, bordering in the narcotic, I felt on the evening of my first shot was a fluke coincidence or possibly linked to the old pfizzy pfizer. I may require several more doses for this experiment, so bribing the kind old nurse in the wee booth for a few extra portions of the stuff might be necessary 

The protection provided by Pfizer and BioNTech’s Covid-19 vaccine is dropping due to the Delta variant, BioNTech’s CEO told The Wall Street Journal in an interview published Sunday, but most recipients are still protected against severe disease caused by the virus.

“The vaccine protection against the new variant is considerably lower,” BioNTech CEO Dr. Ugur Sahin told the Journal.

He said, however, that even though the protection against all symptomatic disease is dropping, protection against severe disease remains high, and most people may not yet need a third dose.

Dr. Sahin declined to take a position in the Journal interview on whether governments should authorize a booster dose of its vaccine. BioNTech’s partner Pfizer has said it plans to ask the U.S. government to authorize a booster dose.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/biontech-covid-19-vaccine-efficacy-delta-booster-51627302003?siteid=yhoof2

• Like 1

la-photos-1staff-812542-la-me-huntington

if you want to dine @ this restaurant, please DO NOT have a mask, don't be vaccinated against freedom and don't follow communist guidelines. 

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/huntington-beach-restaurant-known-for-ignoring-covid-precautions-now-calls-for-only-unvaccinated-diners/

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 3