Thx! Got my rice cooker ready in my room! i shall eat thy rice!

Shit is surreal. I live upstairs a bar and im here isolating while dozens are partying and not given a fuck under my room.

Lolz

Edited by thefxbip
  • Haha 1
  • Burger 1

Catched it.

First night with symptoms was hellish, huge fever, breath not at 100%, painful throat and resonating coughing, vomited and nearly fainted going to the toilet.

A few days in its tolerable but im weak and have no appetite.

• Sad 5

17 minutes ago, thefxbip said:

Catched it.

First night with symptoms was hellish, huge fever, breath not at 100%, painful throat and resonating coughing, vomited and nearly fainted going to the toilet.

A few days in its tolerable but im weak and have no appetite.

shit! sorry man that sucks. do you have a pulse oximeter? can check your O2 sats w/it and what's what. try to lay on your stomach and be prone. it's supposed to help w/things.. or that's what i've read and it's what they're doing in the covid treatment wings. rotate people. but maybe there's more to it than that???

i hope you get through the worst of it quickly.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ignatius said:

shit! sorry man that sucks. do you have a pulse oximeter? can check your O2 sats w/it and what's what. try to lay on your stomach and be prone. it's supposed to help w/things.. or that's what i've read and it's what they're doing in the covid treatment wings. rotate people. but maybe there's more to it than that???

i hope you get through the worst of it quickly.  

Thanks man.

Yeah im way better now. The worse lasted about 24 hours first night was peak and then i spent the first day in bed completely crushed. Then resorbed in a flu like experience. Coughing. Weakness. Little appetite.

Im hoping for no long covid but the ive been through the worse part.

I did think i might die or end up in the hospital when my breathing went sketchy and that i could not stand up.

Makes you wonder what would have happened without any vaccine...Bless the scientists who made them.

• Like 4

in other news, remember khema's nonsense about ivermectin? 

On 12/3/2021 at 7:08 PM, Ayya Khema said:

Again, ill ask you, why trust a Vaccine that has NO data vs Ivermectin that has a track record of over 4 billion dose administred along its quite proven efficacy in many parts of the globe.  as a very promising prophylatic and actual covid treatment.

just this week a USA judge ruled for the use of ivermectin in a dying covid patient. Ivermectin definitely helped saved the life of this old men this week. the fact that Ivermectin is not used widly in the ICU for intubated patients is incredulous. 

this was published just yesterday:

Effect of Early Treatment with Ivermectin among Patients with Covid-19

Abstract

BACKGROUND

The efficacy of ivermectin in preventing hospitalization or extended observation in an emergency setting among outpatients with acutely symptomatic coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19), the disease caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is unclear.

METHODS

We conducted a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, adaptive platform trial involving symptomatic SARS-CoV-2–positive adults recruited from 12 public health clinics in Brazil. Patients who had had symptoms of Covid-19 for up to 7 days and had at least one risk factor for disease progression were randomly assigned to receive ivermectin (400 μg per kilogram of body weight) once daily for 3 days or placebo. (The trial also involved other interventions that are not reported here.) The primary composite outcome was hospitalization due to Covid-19 within 28 days after randomization or an emergency department visit due to clinical worsening of Covid-19 (defined as the participant remaining under observation for >6 hours) within 28 days after randomization.

RESULTS

A total of 3515 patients were randomly assigned to receive ivermectin (679 patients), placebo (679), or another intervention (2157). Overall, 100 patients (14.7%) in the ivermectin group had a primary-outcome event, as compared with 111 (16.3%) in the placebo group (relative risk, 0.90; 95% Bayesian credible interval, 0.70 to 1.16). Of the 211 primary-outcome events, 171 (81.0%) were hospital admissions. Findings were similar to the primary analysis in a modified intention-to-treat analysis that included only patients who received at least one dose of ivermectin or placebo (relative risk, 0.89; 95% Bayesian credible interval, 0.69 to 1.15) and in a per-protocol analysis that included only patients who reported 100% adherence to the assigned regimen (relative risk, 0.94; 95% Bayesian credible interval, 0.67 to 1.35). There were no significant effects of ivermectin use on secondary outcomes or adverse events.

CONCLUSIONS

Treatment with ivermectin did not result in a lower incidence of medical admission to a hospital due to progression of Covid-19 or of prolonged emergency department observation among outpatients with an early diagnosis of Covid-19. 

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2115869 

but yeah, no surprise there lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you live with room mates/family if i had any advice for preparation to a possible covid situation it would be:

1- Do a food backup of unperishable food that doesnt need cooking and/or heating and has minimal dish use.

Things like nuts. Protein shakes. Doesnt need cooking, doesnt need dishes, doesnt need heating. Couscous is cool you can cook it in cold water but it makes dirty dishes. Because you need to isolate at all time doing dishes and cooking becomes wayyyy more complicated.

2- Get a rice cooker/ small cooker to boil water and get ramen boxes or indian food package ready made that can be just cooked in their pouch  in boiling water and discarded afterwards.

3- Get a few big water containers to minimize refills.

4-Get as many quick tests as you can. If youre just starting to have symptoms it might register negative. But later might develop into full infection and register positive so you want as many tests as possible available.

5- Make a list of friends that would be cool with bringing you food and things you need. You'll probably realize that list will be short as fuck.

Edited by thefxbip
  • Like 3

losing your sense of smell forever would be a nightmare. I follow a girl on TikTok and all she can smell is rotting corpses and shit. The wuhan farmers market basically

''covid is over'' ''we're back to normal for good we dont need masks or to be careful''

Lies have very real and grim consequences.

It's a fucking disaster.

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2022/04/05/ontario-children-covid19-hospital-admissions/

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-likely-seeing-100k-to-120k-new-covid-19-cases-each-day-head-of-science-table-says-1.5851187

Edited by thefxbip

35 minutes ago, thefxbip said:

''covid is over'' ''we're back to normal for good we dont need masks or to be careful''

It's a fucking disaster.

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2022/04/05/ontario-children-covid19-hospital-admissions/

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-likely-seeing-100k-to-120k-new-covid-19-cases-each-day-head-of-science-table-says-1.5851187

oof. shit is grim. go leafs?

cases are still low here in portland. i'm still wearing a mask when i go out. went to an unmasked get together at friend's place where about 8 people were there. all vax'd. that was about 2 weeks ago i think?

lot's of people dropping masking wearing here. many still wearing them. seems inevitable that infections will spike again. fingers crossed we dodge the bullet. 

you still feeling like shit? test negative yet? 

4 minutes ago, ignatius said:

oof. shit is grim. go leafs?

cases are still low here in portland. i'm still wearing a mask when i go out. went to an unmasked get together at friend's place where about 8 people were there. all vax'd. that was about 2 weeks ago i think?

lot's of people dropping masking wearing here. many still wearing them. seems inevitable that infections will spike again. fingers crossed we dodge the bullet. 

you still feeling like shit? test negative yet? 

Hey mate,

Feeling alright myself now. Symptoms are nearly gone. I am waiting until friday to break isolation to complete a 10 days quarantine. Will test then but i have hope im gonna be negative.

Yeah new variant now too lol... im not very optimistic. 

I have loads of friends getting it all over the place, in Canada, UK, Europe.

• Like 2

On 4/6/2022 at 10:23 PM, thefxbip said:

It's a fucking disaster.

" a fucking disaster"

your hilarious. literally everyone who gets that variant have barely any symptoms.

natural immunity will be acquired much better with this new variant.

your really a male karen

• Big Brain 1

1 hour ago, watmmisdead said:

" a fucking disaster"

your hilarious. literally everyone who gets that variant have barely any symptoms.

natural immunity will be acquired much better with this new variant.

your really a male karen

People get reinfected with this new variant. The immunity is waning. If you dont stop contagion people get reinfected again and again. Its been proven it damages organ on each infection, including the brain.

Im on day 12 into symptoms am now negative but i nearly fainted by cleaning my room for 30 mins. I got hit pretty bad by this. Now i just hope i dont get long covid.

Call me a Karen if you wish but there is a pandemic out there if you wish to keep your head in the sand its your call.

People did the same during the russian epidemics, spanish flu and smallpox epidemics. Wasnt a good idea.

Edited by thefxbip
  • Like 3