IGNORED

jordan b peterson

zlemflolia

• 3 weeks later...

Since his return from the benzo episode, he's a bit...how shall I say ... cookie.

And I'm sure there are plenty people arguing he was cookie before. But I hope, regardless of whether you think he was cookie before, we can agree it has become worse. Way worse. 

Edited by Satans Little Helper
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Satans Little Helper said:

Since his return from the benzo episode, he's a bit...how shall I say ... cookie.

And I'm sure there are plenty people arguing he was cookie before. But I hope, regardless of whether you think he was cookie before, we can agree it has become worse. Way worse. 

He's now one of those large soft cookies.

• 2 months later...

Canadian pop psychologist Jordan Peterson's feelings were hurt so much by people making fun of him for body-shaming a Sports Illustrated swimsuit model that he announced he is backing away from Twitter.

After receiving insults for insulting a Sports Illustrated swimsuit model, Jordan Peterson departs from Twitter in a snit (Boing Boing)

Touchy. Ragequit LOL.

Edited by dcom
  • Haha 3

There were so many hills that Post-Pills Peterson could have died on and it's a little shocking to me that it was this one.

I have a personal taste so I can't be objective but that Yumi Nu is a fookin snack. I know that advertisers and tastemakers are indeed pushing heft out there but I have a hard time slotting her into his "authoritarian tolerance" slant.

Just... why would he ever think it was a good idea to post that?  How did he think that was going to go well for him?  And... just such a banal thought to share with the world.  His mind must have really cracked.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, xxx said:

I have a personal taste so I can't be objective but that Yumi Nu is a fookin snack. I know that advertisers and tastemakers are indeed pushing heft out there but I have a hard time slotting her into his "authoritarian tolerance" slant.

when your supposed mission statement is to help men grow up and get their shit together but you are instead inadvertently providing them with jackoff material they would otherwise never have found, you have basically failed in your duty as surrogate internet daddy.

"you must adhere to the rules of life as set in immutable stone by the great forefathers of the west, in order to dispel the harpies of chaos and realise your fullest potential!", I hear JP warble canuckily. fuck you dad, I'm making a cum shrine to my new waifu Yumi until I am a withered husk.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

there’s a lot that’s really stupid about the Sports Illustrated thing but one thing that it drives home is how lazy his position of “speaking truth to power” is. He’s looking entirely at the glossy, superficial aspects of this kind of stuff. He has no critique of how images are used to sell magazines, how they use sex or objectify women or whatever. It’s just when it’s not like some stereotypical blond bombshell supermodel on the cover, he’s freaked out that the world he finds normal is changing and he can’t make sense of it.

this is why he loves the jungian stuff - bc he can use “archetypes” to justify that the way things are traditionally done is how they are *supposed* to be. We should have half-naked super models on the cover of a sports mag because [insert some dumb shit about the heroes journey]. But when the women don’t look like what’s familiar he gets scared and mad.

But the world is not in fact changing, it’s just being marketed differently. it’s not more authoritarian bc there are heavier women on the magazines now compared to before lol. the power structures are the same!

it’s just like the dumb shit elon musk is saying - how the democrats are controlled by the “radical left.” I’m taking a look at this country and frankly it’s looking a lot more right wing overall. How come the “radical left” can’t enact any changes other than…dumb shit about what imagery corporations use to make money? or saying stuff on twitter dot com?

These are really dumb dudes

Edited by Alcofribas
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

maybe he's driven to post out of frustration cos he secret(e)ly wants to sex dem fat rolls. that would actually be far less stupid than acting as if they're an existential threat to civilisation.

• 1 month later...
On 2/24/2022 at 12:42 PM, Satans Little Helper said:

yeah hes now completely unbearable

even back then he was but some of his university classes ive watched were super interesting.

his benzo addiction really made him connect with his feelings lol

• Like 1