IGNORED

jordan b peterson

zlemflolia

5 hours ago, Alcofribas said:

does he? he comes off as very insecure to me. just like on a gut level he radiates little bitch energy. 

Well, since his benzo addiction episode i get the impression he's changed. on a fundamental level. he gives the impression of being more emotionally unstable. or less stable, depending on your perspective, i guess. but it's something which he didn't have before, imo. or at least, his public persona was stronger, if you will. perhaps that is what you mean with little bitch energy.  although i suspect there's plenty people who will think any time he's on his anti-postmodernism/wokism rant - regardless of when that was in relationship to his benzo addiction - he's acting like a little b*tch. and that might be what you're referring to. (in which case we're talking about something else)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Satans Little Helper said:

Well, since his benzo addiction episode i get the impression he's changed. on a fundamental level. he gives the impression of being more emotionally unstable. or less stable, depending on your perspective, i guess. but it's something which he didn't have before, imo. or at least, his public persona was stronger, if you will. perhaps that is what you mean with little bitch energy.  although i suspect there's plenty people who will think any time he's on his anti-postmodernism/wokism rant - regardless of when that was in relationship to his benzo addiction - he's acting like a little b*tch. and that might be what you're referring to. (in which case we're talking about something else)

I agree that in his post Russian exile he’s more of a mess but I think he’s always come across as an troublingly emotional figure, often looking like he’s about to cry or shout, incapable of speaking with convincing authority without overdoing it such that his facade seems so artificial. He seems like someone with a lot of emotional baggage who uses the public persona as a cover for that fragility. To me at least he’s always just been a big baby, like he’s trying to prove he’s tough - for instance when he claims that there is some kind of social order upheld by the fact that men know at any moment they could punch each other. Peterson has never punched anything but his pillow upon which he placed a printed out foto of a trans person. 

I mean, there’s nothing strong and impressive about a grown man wearing a zoot suit and a fedora going on public television and telling a tough guy story about throwing snowballs at school. This is a father figure for extremely fragile psyches

• Like 3

4:45 extremely disturbing "consider it my duty to warn those who are about to fall into a pit that the path they are on leads suddenly downhill" combined with his later invocations of Nazi germany in a comparison to trans affirming surgeons.  he's talking metaphorically but given that Nazi germany literally used mass graves to store their murder victims including LGBT people it's extremely tone-deaf and bordering on Nazi dog-whistling

• Like 4

On 7/7/2022 at 9:41 PM, chenGOD said:

A36808F1-6139-4C78-BC72-140670E5EB42.jpeg

Thoughts aren't a thing he is very good at. The only thing he knows how to do is to build up a strawman for his supporters, then knock it down. Then they clap, clean their rooms, and eat raw meat from Burger King.

Edited by Brisbot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

50 minutes ago, Brisbot said:

Thoughts aren't a thing he is very good at. The only thing he knows how to do is to build up a strawman for his supporters, then knock it down. Then they clap, clean their rooms, and eat raw meat from Burger King.

homer simpson lobster GIF

• Like 3

On 7/8/2022 at 12:01 AM, Alcofribas said:

does he? he comes off as very insecure to me. just like on a gut level he radiates little bitch energy. 

To us yeah he has a bundle of problems. But to many of his supporters he radiates the "strong father figure" they never had. Collectively, he is their surrogate parent. It's a role he plays for them. So they connect with him emotionally like that. He is totally aware of it going by his "clean your room" and making books about "rules". Even ties into those archetypes he can't stop talking about.

Then when he says something racist or sexist or whatever, the evil liberal internet collective comes to crucify their dad for just "telling the truth" (YEAH I GUESS WOMEN DO WEAR MAKEUP BECAUSE THEY WANT ME TO BE SEXUALLY ATTRACTED TO THEM), and they have to defend him no matter what he says. Same with Trump. And probably Reagan.

Dude's their dad. He knows it too, and he for the past few years has been spoon feeding his base his bullshit. And this is conjecture, but because it probably DOES improve their lives in an emotional sense, they believe what he says. Because it serves them like a parent would. And if they believe it makes them happy, they will inevitably mistake that for some kinda objective logic leading to happiness. So they defend him and prop him up, and the people who see through that make memes out of the absurd shit he says sometimes.

Edited by Brisbot
  • Like 1

you came to the jordan b thread to get away from twitter?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Big Brain 1

On 7/8/2022 at 1:42 AM, Alcofribas said:

I spent a few minutes looking at the comments and it’s genuinely depressing how many people think he’s standing up for rights and being some kind of hero. like, just very sad to see this grift taking effect so easily 

many such cases

but also, I think this evolutionary path he's chosen is allowing us to harvest many lols, and I'm grateful to our internet daddy for that.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Silent Member said:

you came to the jordan b thread to get away from twitter?

you know, i was wondering why jp was trending so hard on twitter last couple of days. turns out he joined daily wire recently and has slowly been trying to build traffic towards his different platforms especially with this and this example of addressing (supposedly) a new legion of followers he was unaware of. and he's got a book out. because who doesn't?

also- when you listen to the crux of his arguments (tossed around with about 35minutes of word salad) you realize he's always saying the same thing; you should employ a more conservative outlook towards life. 

it's a desperate move but a hustle nonetheless

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jaderpansen said:

“The most influential public intellectual in the Western world right now”

scary thought.

they must have him confused with joe rogan. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Farnsworth 1
  • Big Brain 2

Sorry, here's some more Twitter. This is the funniest thing I've seen in a while, appears to be unedited.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Burger 2

On 7/8/2022 at 10:56 PM, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

4:45 extremely disturbing "consider it my duty to warn those who are about to fall into a pit that the path they are on leads suddenly downhill" combined with his later invocations of Nazi germany in a comparison to trans affirming surgeons.  he's talking metaphorically but given that Nazi germany literally used mass graves to store their murder victims including LGBT people it's extremely tone-deaf and bordering on Nazi dog-whistling

If it wasn't actually real, it would be really funny. It almost comes off as Pythonesque. The haughtyness and high strung mannerisms. It's basically John Cleese doing a "look at the zany academic" type sketch. Except it is the academic. Doing it to himself.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Silent Member said:

Sorry, here's some more Twitter. This is the funniest thing I've seen in a while, appears to be unedited.

he seemed smart a couple of years ago.

what happened? i wont blame the benzo

On 7/8/2022 at 6:57 AM, Satans Little Helper said:

this. I dont even recognize him anymore.

I think its theater. hes now acting it looks like: or maybe really something has changed in him. The stoic male role model is now replaced by a weak Pastor. He needs some Aphex twin in his life, most definitely.

Edited by watmmisdead

13 minutes ago, watmmisdead said:

he seemed smart a couple of years ago.

what happened? i wont blame the benzo

this. I dont even recognize him anymore.

I think its theater. hes now acting it looks like: or maybe really something has changed in him. The stoic male role model is now replaced by a weak Pastor. He needs some Aphex twin in his life, most definitely.

Perhaps he has become financially dependent on his followers. So now he needs to do stuff which allows him to score. It's all a bit too pathetic, imo.

I was surprised Frans de Waal did an interview/podcast with him recently. Surprised he want there tbh. (Frans needs to sell his new book of course. But it's Frans so it's all good. I mean, his work actually has value)

14 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

made it 28 seconds in before hitting stop. i hate all of his bullshit about gender assigned character/personality traits etc. it's fucking gross and bullshit and binary as fuck and sounds totally made up.