IGNORED

Soloman Tump releases will go here

Soloman Tump

I have compiled a collection of tracks as a digital download to Bandcamp, spending the past few days sorting out and thus cleansing my hard drive.

These are orphans from past projects, early live demos, alternative compilation tracks and things that didn't fit elsewhere, but all things that I consider "finished" and not just any old crap.....

Here you will find a couple of longform drones, some harsh percussive pieces, a gross noise thing, a suite of tracks previously aired with video on a live stream and a manipulated field recording.  I will add to this compilation in the future. 

I also included my track "Imbibilence" which I wrote following the passing of Salvatorin. 

I now feel better placed to move on to new things.  Appreciate any feedback if you get a chance to listen.

Looking for opportunities of split / label / compilation releases going forward!

Edited by Soloman Tump
  • Like 1

• Soloman Tump changed the title to Soloman Tump releases will go here

Today I released a split 3" cdr alongside Lee Riley from Oxford. Intense sonics, noises and drones which fit together quite nicely.  4 tracks at just over 20 minutes total.
Really happy with how this one turned out - seeing Lee perform live years back was part of the catalyst for me deciding to start doing it myself. So it's his fault. Digital is pay what you like.

Edited by Soloman Tump
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Today I released my first DIY tape - a split with BLACKCLOUDSUMMONER.  It was fun to put together and I learned a few things too - so there may be more tapes in the future....

We each provide an exploratory noisy longform track of around 16 minutes per side.

IMG20211115142224.thumb.jpg.efe173ad115bbff6437e11cd81370034.jpg

If you grab the digital from me there is a bonus track on there too.

Edited by Soloman Tump

• 2 months later...

New EP

"something reused or altered but still bearing visible traces of its earlier form"

Dartmoor is a palimpsest landscape; bearing the marks of generations of people who have worked the fields, quarries and mines to harness it's riches. It can be a harsh, lonely place. The weather can change within moments, plunging you into deep fog or exposing you to scorching sun and winds. Even the most prepared and hardened of folk are caught out.

These tracks were created over the past 6 months, using field recordings taken from across Dartmoor and the surrounding area. Fused with homemade instruments, ramshackle pedals, unpredictable patches and a sprinkling of dismalism.

1. Clapper Bridge (or "River")
2. Longhouses (or "Rock")
3.The Maiden Sea (or "Sea")
4. Bearacleave (or "Wood")
5. Grimspound (or "Moor")

I wanted to honour my new home of Dartmoor and I found this incredibly challenging to achieve - it is an overwhelming landscape full of history, biodiversity and human impact. Part of me feels I should live here for twenty years before attempting to capture it's magick with sounds. But the other part of me wanted to share the start of my journey with you.

After false starts, complete rewrites and whisky, I feel like I have something I can share.

3" CDr release coming soon for anybody who wants a copy.

Edited by Soloman Tump

• 4 months later...

New digital only 4 track EP, a strange theme exploring interesting insects but also having bad hayfever and not being able to go outside to find them.

Free / Paywhatyoulike

https://solomantump.bandcamp.com/album/gritonometry-ep

In my griity/noisy/dismal style, but some percussive elements found their way in here.... also some excellent improv piano playing from Arachnopus that I added a shedload of filth too. 

As always, keen to discover peoples thoughts and thank you for listening...

Longer description on the release page / blog.