IGNORED

Nuron + Fugue - 1993-1996 (self-released)

dcom

CD and cassette formats alongside digital, this is the Likemind release with some extras. Highly recommended - albeit very pricey, 30 GBP (+ additinal costs) for a CD or cassette is really a lot. But it's Nuron.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

hell yeah! nice to see the missing tracks included. very keen to see what the mentioned "extras" are with the physical releases

i do wonder why the cds are tapes are so expensive - is nurmad financing himself?

Sorely tempted by the CD but also wondering why it’s so expensive with very little detail of the extras. I just don’t have much money for music these days ?

Awesome, I think I rustled my own jimmies a few times in the other thread re: the digital vinyls, and now they're here.

5irww7.jpg

(Will still end up buying after I sell my extra jetskis)

(Shoutout to the digital positivity cru)

Edited by BobDobalina
u first

I've been in contact with Nuron and he had this to say about the prices and extras:

P.S.-the price might seem a bit expensive for the CD but I think the extras will be worth it, don’t worry! ?

I don't know if this carries over to the tape as well, but I would assume so.

Edited by dcom
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BUNKUM said:

CD and tape now vanished from Bandcamp? Was there any clue it was just a 1 day thing? I was still mulling over buying it

oh goddamn it, same

i just reached out to ask what happened, will update!

Edited by realthanks

Now that I look at the notification email, it says:

The digital release of every Nuron and Fugue original tracks from 1993 to 1996 exclusively available on Bandcamp Friday!

so it could (or could not) be that it was a limited issue. But e.g. Mindcolormusic has certain releases available only on Bandcamp Fridays, so it might (or might not) become available again in a month or so. Zero regrets picking up the CD immediately regardless of the price.

Edited by dcom

10 hours ago, species8472 said:

@dcom as someone who has listened to the vinyl countless times - how do these digitals sound?

I have another set of digitals with only the tracks from the vinyl release, and they sound a bit fuller and louder, there's more "meat"  than the ones from Nuron's Bandcamp. Here are the waveforms loaded into Audacity:

image.thumb.png.eab1f28c75e906369c53070d5c7465fa.png

The one on top is Eau Rouge from Nuron's Bandcamp, the bottom one is the same track from another source. It's visually obvious that the Nuron Bandcamp version is thinner and quieter - but I think the main difference is in loudness, not sound quality. I'm not a sound engineer, so I can't tell you more than that - but different mastering targets, maybe?

I have listened to these from vinyl countless times, digitally not so much, but vinyl adds frequencies and fullness due to environmental feedback, listening to digital doesn't do that so I would hazard a guess that mastering for digital is done differently from vinyl. But as I said I'm not an audio engineer, someone else might have more insight into this. Or we could just ask Nurmad.

On my setup they sound good enough for my ears.

Edited by dcom
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Satans Little Helper said:

Even if I buy the CD, I won't be able to rip it because my comps don't have cd drives since ages...

Someone­™ can most probably do it for you. I have an external CD/DVD drive for nothing else but ripping things, it could write both types of discs as well, but.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, dcom said:

Someone­™ can most probably do it for you. I have an external CD/DVD drive for nothing else but ripping things, it could write both types of discs as well, but.

I would be very happy if Someone­™ would do it. And thankful!

But I do have a desire for having an online repository with al the bought tunes, though. Ready to download whenever I'm in need. Nowadays, it's also about paying for a cloud service. 

I think I'll wait it out though. Perhaps these will be made available digitally later on. (one can dream...)

7 minutes ago, Satans Little Helper said:

But I do have a desire for having an online repository with al the bought tunes, though. Ready to download whenever I'm in need. Nowadays, it's also about paying for a cloud service. 

I have a QNAP NAS box with all my data and a personal VPN through which I can access the music, books, comics and whatnot I have in there from anywhere with an internet connection. It would most probably cost more to have everything I have there available from the cloud, the only downside is that I have to handle my own backups. But that's not an issue either, I have an external HD dock where I slap a big enough disk and let automation do the rest - the only thing I have to remember is to change the disk (I have a four-disk rotation model). Geeking it real.

Edited by dcom
  • Big Brain 1

6 minutes ago, Extralife said:

Couldn’t resist. Snagged one.

An album with 8 previously unreleased Nuron tracks and remixes + a couple of updated remixes - had I not ordered a month ago I wouldn't even have to consider.

Edited by dcom