IGNORED

Nuron + Fugue - 1993-1996 (self-released)

dcom

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I've been waiting to get information on progress, and received the following about a week ago: 

The CDs are expected to start shipping by next month.

Excited to get closer to hearing a CD full of unreleased Nuron.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dcom said:

I've been waiting to get information on progress, and received the following about a week ago: 

Excited to get closer to hearing a CD full of unreleased Nuron.

Almost forgot about this. Glad to hear these are finally about to go out.

Bonus and unreleased nuron!!!  But £40 (plus shipping plus Brexit Fees) feels a little steep. I mean… we’re now pushing £70-£80 for a cd…. 

Edited by hayhook

• 1 month later...

Almost forgotten I'd even pre-ordered this, crazy it's taking so long. Anyway, just checked on Bandcamp and there's been another update: "Apologies for the delay. Shipping will begin by end of June". There's also a track listing for the bonus CD...

Extra will be a bonus CD of unreleased material from 1993-1996.
CD track list:
1: Nuron - The Coded Message
2: Nuron - Interior World
3: Nuron - Waiting For Nothing
4: Nuron - Another Way
5: Nuron - Neither Here Nor There
6: Fugue - Contrapoint (First version)
7: Nuron - Dialectic Confusion
8: Fugue - Contrapoint (Stasis Mix 2)

Plus 2 new updated remixes of tracks from 1993-1996 as a download. 

And some mockups of the (I assume) final artwork, was expecting something amazing after after all this time.

image.jpeg.b06743dca13ddb478b41467b3bb73071.jpegimage.jpeg.1fb92c9bfcf1527329f8f8cdbb2b2602.jpeg

So did they explain why the 2CDs are costing 50 squid enclosed in what looks like a cardboard sleeve ?!

Remember feeling flush after dropping £25 for Goldie's Timeless back in the day

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The unreleased bonus tracks are a mixed bag, but a mighty fine one at that, absolutely fabulous to hear never before heard classic Nuron/Fugue, although some of them sound really rough compared to the smooth style Nuron's known for. Definitely no regrets for buying the CDs.

Edited by dcom

You finally got your CDs then @dcom? Not even had a dispatch notification, the long wait has sapped my enthusiasm as well. Does the packaging and design justify the massive wait and price?

38 minutes ago, Satans Little Helper said:

Wait, you can dl them from bandcamp (if you bought the cd)? Perhaps I misremembered, but didn’t he say these tracks wouldn’t be made available digitally? I hope they are…

Yeah, it's a private item so there's not even a release page, download only. Hopefully it'll get a general release with the physical.

• Thanks 1

OK, so now I'm confused. Just went to Bandcamp. I bought both the digital album and the CD with the extra tracks. In my collection only one version shows. And the download only has the original 11 tracks. Please don't tell me i f-ed up because I've bought two versions of the same album. ?

8 minutes ago, Satans Little Helper said:

Please don't tell me i f-ed up because I've bought two versions of the same album. ?

You have. What I failed to mention is that I got a Bandcamp yum code for the bonus tracks album, it didn't come with the actual purchase, and is not generally available (at least yet), apologies. I'm sure you'll get a refund for the duplicate if you ask.

Edited by dcom
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the update dcom, lucky you on getting the download, who knows what’s actually going on. June has come and gone without a dispatch or update.

It’s all really pissing me off if I’m being honest, really shouldn’t take a year from the initial preorder, and these things were far from cheap. 

2 hours ago, BUNKUM said:

Thanks for the update dcom, lucky you on getting the download, who knows what’s actually going on. June has come and gone without a dispatch or update.

I got the same response as @Extralife, things are still a couple of weeks away from completion. But I think Nur is doing everything by himself, so maybe cut him some slack, although with these past dues I know it's a bore to keep on waiting.

11 hours ago, dcom said:

I got the same response as @Extralife, things are still a couple of weeks away from completion. But I think Nur is doing everything by himself, so maybe cut him some slack, although with these past dues I know it's a bore to keep on waiting.

Agree with this assessment.  I will say is that Nurmad is a super friendly guy - feel free to send him an email ?