IGNORED

Nuron + Fugue - 1993-1996 (self-released)

dcom

14 minutes ago, whosebrian said:

I didn't receive  a yum code with my cassette purchase.

I think @dcom and I did after emailing him to check in. He was generous enough to send me one - but requested it not be shared with others.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NewSchoolScience said:

Interesting, I bought the CD version but no yum for me yet. 

...because you didn't read the thread, where I wrote that the code I got didn't come with the purchase.

• 7 months later...

Anyone asked for a refund ? Just Send him a message, will ask for it to paypol if he doesn’t answer or keep saying bs. On bc page « Apologies for the delay. Shipping will begin by end of October. »  :nope:

Also Noticed prices are higher, 60 quids for the tape now flol 

damned I hate to be ripped off 

I can't help but feel disappointed with the stagnation of this project, but I don't think we've been ripped off. Most of the promised material is out already, the only exclusives left are the handful of remixes, so the situation is weird. I'm still hopeful, but haven't been holding my breath for a long time; I think of the limited CDs as collectables, so I don't mind waiting, but I'd prefer to get occasional updates.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I bought the CD not long after he announced it and was pretty pissed off with the never ending wait and then the realisation it was because the tracks were coming on vinyl through De:tuned. Nuron must have seen my moaning online because he refunded me out of the blue for the CD. Anyway, I have been watching to see if/when they would come out. I looked yesterday and saw the CD/cassette are no longer available and a thread about it on Discogs says Bandcamp have blocked him from selling physical items. Not sure where that leaves everyone who purchased.

I do wonder what's happened to him, been radio silence for months.

On 6/22/2023 at 1:45 AM, lipsvago said:

The Discogs thread mentioned in a previous post is available here:

https://www.discogs.com/group/thread/986929

Oh dear, the CD was listed for £60 on BC?  Can’t remember what I payed way back when I ordered just after it was listed but it was no where near as much as that.

There’s little more disappointing than getting stiffed by someone (an artist) you admire. Sucks.

Edited by NewSchoolScience

I messaged Nurmad yesterday, and received a reply today. Don't throw in the towel yet.

Hi Nuutti,

Sorry for the lack of updates.  The CDs and cassettes are still coming.  I will post an update for everyone soon.
Just added more remixes to the release so it will now be a 3 CD package with all the remixes on the 3rd CD.  The remixes won't be released on vinyl or digital.

Thanks,
Nurmad

Edited by dcom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Obviously I can't say how long it takes to handle the specific licensing/publishing side of things from his end.... And giving him the benefit of the doubt, that's most likely what is tying things up, since these are tracks already released on various other labels. Either that or feature creep kicked in and he keeps adding new music to it.

But as someone who has released about 30 CD's in the last 15 years or so, it takes about 2 weeks maximum to get them pressed, from supply of DDP/artwork to receiving them on your doorstep. It's by far the easiest format to work with *assuming* you have everything finished and ready to go.

Moral of the story is don't sell stuff online unless it's all finished, legally safe and preferably, already been manufactured. He's done serious damage to his reputation by promising things he clearly can't deliver on. 2 years since announcement and still nothing to show for it is downright amateur.

• Like 1