IGNORED

how solid?

tbf

This is great stuff! I think "compmate" is my favorite, for the weird sounds and the hectic beat, also a little bit of microtonality in there? Or some detuned FM?

Tonality-wise and melodically this is also very strong. A hint of Orbital maybe, with those sinister sounding scales.

glad you dig it, mate ?

rough ideas, sort of. still got some way to go but plan on taking them with me, so I should be able to develop them a bit further

4 hours ago, ArtificialDisco said:

I think "compmate" is my favorite, for the weird sounds and the hectic beat, also a little bit of microtonality in there? Or some detuned FM?

I think that's my favorite too. it was the one I had the most fun doing and came out fairly quickly, which I think says a lot. been trying to shave off time spent on not so worthy stuff, that's bad resource management

the microtonality it mostly from the patch itself, I'm still looking for ways to better explore tonality, so for now I try to focus on tools that offer more interesting palettes, u know? 

• Like 1

compmate - Great filtering/distortion and effects on the beats, gives them a really pleasing texture to the ear.

Zplane - Love those sinister basslines! The melody complements the bassline but could do with more variations there I feel.

dro 11 rev2d - Big AFX Analogue Bubblebath vibes in the intro! :emotawesomepm9: The beat then develops into it's own thing.

wrap - This was probably the most polished and developed track in terms of melody/harmony and mood. Some of these tracks would benefit from being a bit shorter though.

• 5 weeks later...