IGNORED

Is there a compilation or list of Audio Aphex Twin has sampled anywhere? All together to sift through.

Brisbot

1 hour ago, Brisbot said:

I have seen and heard a lot of those songs/movies without realized I've heard them somewhere else as AFX samples

to me that's the exactly definition of good sampling, not just copy pasting, but taking something interesting, spotting its idiosyncrasies and using them in another context, morphing it into a new landscape

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tbf said:

to me that's the exactly definition of good sampling, not just copy pasting, but taking something interesting, spotting its idiosyncrasies and using them in another context, morphing it into a new landscape

I agree! When I tell people something is a sample from a track they should know, like from more popular musicians, and they are stumped, I know i have done a good job in hiding the sample so I don't have to pay royalties or whatever.

That said I am surprised at just how much he has samples where I thought it would be a custom sound he made. Particularly when it comes to synths and melody samples, not drums.

Edited by Brisbot