IGNORED

Radiohead - Kid A MNESIA

beerwolf

I'm thoroughly disappointed with this release. The new tracks are mediocre at best, and at worst they are simply extracted string/synth parts from already known songs. Nothing new or surprising here guys. A cash grab and that's it :(

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Yeah, this was a big nothingburger, if anything it detracts from the quality of the two original albums.

Here's two great albums you already know and some stuff we found in the deleted files folder. Enjoy!

Edited by Silent Member
  • Like 2

Seems like Radiohead weather today. Mostly overcast though sometimes the sullen sun pokes it head out of the light grey clouds. 

I’m not a über ‘Head fan so Spotify will do me fine.

Edited by beerwolf

On 11/5/2021 at 7:07 AM, Silent Member said:

Yeah, this was a big nothingburger

now this isn't intended to be a dig at you because you're definitely in line with the convention of the times but why isn't everybody going with "nothinmuffin"? It has great rhyme and it's a foodstuff. Everytime I hear "nothingburger", it's like a linguistic pratfall in my head. My mom used to call me a nothinmuffin when I was being sullen or depressed. Maybe it's just not as widespread as I thought but I'm gonna start a campaign I think. 

• Burger 1

What we need is a new album of Radiohead music made by the members of the band Radiohead. It's gonna be 6 years since their last and I know they're hella RadiOLD but nonetheless what we need are more Thom Yorkers and Jonny Greenwoodz wailin' on some shits

Their last two albums weren’t much to talk about either. Couple of good tracks on each. Not sure their hearts are in it nowadays.

Edited by beerwolf

7 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

Their last two albums weren’t much to talk about either. Couple of good tracks on each. Not sure their hearts are in it nowadays.

Last one grew on me and I reckon is one of their best. It doesn't flow very well though.

• Like 1

I don’t think the songs were necessarily bad, just not really for me. Ful Stop, Daydreaming and Burn The Witch being my favourites. 

Edited by beerwolf

On 11/7/2021 at 4:23 AM, xxx said:

now this isn't intended to be a dig at you because you're definitely in line with the convention of the times but why isn't everybody going with "nothinmuffin"? It has great rhyme and it's a foodstuff. Everytime I hear "nothingburger", it's like a linguistic pratfall in my head. My mom used to call me a nothinmuffin when I was being sullen or depressed. Maybe it's just not as widespread as I thought but I'm gonna start a campaign I think. 

I support this cause

Can’t be arsed to check but I’m sure there’s also some Jonny Greenwood stuff on the horizon which is always worth a listen. He seems to be doing quite nicely in the soundtrack department.

19 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Can’t be arsed to check but I’m sure there’s also some Jonny Greenwood stuff on the horizon which is always worth a listen. He seems to be doing quite nicely in the soundtrack department.

Little I would less like to listen to than his soundtracks.

48 minutes ago, psn said:

Super cool article. All those albums are classics. Though I haven’t heard the Charles Mingus one (by the power of Spotify!!) yet….

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Super cool article. All those albums are classics. Though I haven’t heard the Charles Mingus one (by the power of Spotify!!) yet….

Agreed. Nice to see some of “our classics” given wider praise here. Also looking forward to hearing that Mingus concert. His music has always been essential to me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2021 at 3:44 AM, Extralife said:

Agreed. Nice to see some of “our classics” given wider praise here. Also looking forward to hearing that Mingus concert. His music has always been essential to me.

Struggled with the Mingus album. It didn't last long. Though I found him not as tricky as most other jazz players, I also listened to a few other tracks of his and quite liked them, but my attention span with jazz is almost zero and I just would rather play something else. Alice Coltrane (funnily enough on this list) is probably my favourite artist of the genre, along with Sun Ra.

Also agree with other wattmer sentiments about the third disc being a bit of a let down Fog - Again Again, If You Say The Word and Dissapear Into Strings being my favourites, but I guess the whole point of Amnesiac was to clear out the cupboard of the Kid A sessions so not surprising there's not much to sink ones teeth into on this. Gonna check out the exhibition thingy later. Also while inebriated.

Edited by beerwolf

On 11/8/2021 at 10:20 AM, beerwolf said:

I don’t think the songs were necessarily bad, just not really for me. Ful Stop, Daydreaming and Burn The Witch being my favourites. 

Was obsessed about the witch, also Decks Dark. Tinker grew massively, love that part when the violins come in. Well and Thoms voice there. I can sing at an even higher pitch. Sounds like my dog, but I love singing when nobody listens ?