IGNORED

Detroit Techno

milkface

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
5 hours ago, prdctvsm said:

that record is a treasure. there's another pressing on R&S w. an extra 2 exclusive tracks by Quadrant : Disgravity & Reflectance, but w/o that Carl Craig mix ffs lol.

just realised i have the reissue on blue vinyl. the one with the cc remix. but, having not played any vinyl for more than a decade, i completely forgot. kinda like a stamp collection i never look at. just gathering dust.

the r&s version i didn't (and don't) have though. so there's a bunch of new quadrant tracks on there. also interesting. early basic channel before basic channel.

the only available digitals are on hardwax. and just the basic channel reissue of just two tracks. o well... such is life

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
3 hours ago, milkface said:

Does DJ Assault count as Detroit techno?

I always associated him with Ghetto House and producers like DJ Deeon or DJ Slugo, but at time it has that futuristic, cold sound of Detroit Techno.

Some The Black Dog songs had a very similar sound to Detroit Techno.

Edited by neglectedlove
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, neglectedlove said:

I always associated him with Ghetto House and producers like DJ Deeon or DJ Slugo, but at time it has that futuristic, cold sound of Detroit Techno.

Some The Black Dog songs had a very similar sound to Detroit Techno.

Ah cheers I suspected it was something like that - Thanks for sharing the vids also!