• 4 weeks later...

Album comes out Friday.  !k7 apparently has pushed vinyl deliveries back a couple weeks due to "supply chain" issues...

but DL's will be avail...

psyched to hear this.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

will be interested to see if the first track is different mixes on each format as per the !K7 bandcamp...

Vinyl: A1 Noctis Ultimus (91 Mix)

CD: 1. Noctis Ultimus (Beat Mix)

Digital: 1. Noctis Ultimus (Epic Mix)

Also a few other track differences between formats...

The Last Rains vs The Last Rains (V Mix)

Noctis Ultimus - (unmixed version, not on the digital version)

Nebula Fly Pass - CD Only

XO Transmission #4 - CD Only

Is There an XO 3 (there's 1,2, 4,5,6, and 7)

Alpha Centauri System - CD Only

First step onto Proxima B - CD Only

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hayhook said:

Also a few other track differences between formats...

The Last Rains vs The Last Rains (V Mix)

Noctis Ultimus - (unmixed version, not on the digital version)

Nebula Fly Pass - CD Only

XO Transmission #4 - CD Only

Is There an XO 3 (there's 1,2, 4,5,6, and 7)

Alpha Centauri System - CD Only

First step onto Proxima B - CD Only

My blerp library has 20 tracks, is that all of them?

11 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

My blerp library has 20 tracks, is that all of them?

Digital dl has different tracks than the CD. CD has 7? exclusive tracks or versions.  I think the vinyl only has one exclusive version. 

Edited by hayhook

1 hour ago, hayhook said:

Digital dl has different tracks than the CD. CD has 7? exclusive tracks or versions.  I think the vinyl only has one exclusive version. 

that seems poorly thought out, these days most young listeners will assume the digitals and CD are identical. 

12 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

that seems poorly thought out, these days most young listeners will assume the digitals and CD are identical. 

Except that means there’s only one track of the lot that isn’t avail in full hi res quality for digital listeners/completists… 

This is great, forget the haters. It seems almost akin to Tom’s Drukqs, he’s finally been given room on a recording to explore all of his influences, without having to bow to a damn mix CD. Using found sounds as stems, instead of relying on Reason, lushness that only a classically trained pianist can bring to techno. Maybe AOTY material.

• Like 3

On 11/1/2021 at 12:41 PM, Rubin Farr said:

This is great, forget the haters. It seems almost akin to Tom’s Drukqs, he’s finally been given room on a recording to explore all of his influences, without having to bow to a damn mix CD. Using found sounds as stems, instead of relying on Reason, lushness that only a classically trained pianist can bring to techno. Maybe AOTY material.

Its vast an beautiful. There is deep concept and vision here. Every one of his solo records approach‘s are completely different. Lifetracks was somewhat of a compilation of AMBA alias stuff. Sleep Better was this interesting clinical, purpose built wellness project, and now we’ve reached the back to front, original concept voyage album. The completist in me might find this need to have every format to get it all annoying, but not w/ this guy. Honestly I’d already bought ever format before I found out there were even any differences. 

• Like 3

Not sure what I expected - haven’t been a huge fan of Tom’s work since his 90s output. Pretty bombastic and over the top at parts, but some really surprisingly great tracks on this - a lot more Reload sounding than Global Communication. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So Here's a screengrab of the tracklist of the CD I thought I was purchasing from K7 bandcamp:

1548674906_ScreenShotGCOMCDOrginalListing.png.28e3e43d38166d1b3fc956637d9b842d.png

And Here's a current screen-grab, after I pointed out to them that the CD they sent does NOT, IN FACT, have 7 exclusive tracks, vs the digital version.

But actually has one less song than the digital version (no XO 5) and an Edit of Beyond the Milky way.

(They still haven't corrected that the first Track is actually the "Epic Mix" as also on the Digital

and that The Last Rains is actually the "V Mix" as also on the digital release...:

1009623798_ScreenShotGCOMStillIncorrectUpdatedListingasofThisEvening.png.093444aa3bd617c7a15a464eadd12d55.png

I bought the CD specifically because they advertised 7 exclusive tracks to that format:

1) Noctis Ultimus (Beat Mix) - Ends up being the "Epic Mix", same as on the digital...
5) The Last Rains ______ (No Mix Listed) - Ends up being the same track as the "V MIx" on the digital...
7) Noctis Ultimus ______ (No Mix Listed) - is not on the cd
9) Nebula Fly Pass - is not on the cd
17) XO Transmission #4 - is not on the cd
18) Alpha Centauri System - is not on the cd
19) First Step Onto Proxima B - is not on the cd
other 19) Beyond The Milky Way (CD Edit) - not originally listed but is on the CD as Track 19 when 20 were listed...

GRRRRRR. Poor Form, !K7  : (

Add Insult to Injury, but I also had to pay an extra 8 Quid to get it from the mail, because of customs charges due to Brexit.

Edited by hayhook
  • Sad 1