IGNORED

Anyone got one of these yo!!!!

TheBro

Nice score! Building up quite the collection of lo/mid-fi drumcomputers there, TheBro. Could be neat to hear some sort of workout where they're all simultaneously playing same or similar patterns through a mixer of some sort on which you can ride the faders/pans/sends and maybe some cool phasey synergistic drum rompler magic will start to happen. 

Always found that whole range of korg ddd stuff very attractive looking for some reason...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, user said:

Nice score! Building up quite the collection of lo/mid-fi drumcomputers there, TheBro. Could be neat to hear some sort of workout where they're all simultaneously playing same or similar patterns through a mixer of some sort on which you can ride the faders/pans/sends and maybe some cool phasey synergistic drum rompler magic will start to happen. 

Always found that whole range of korg ddd stuff very attractive looking for some reason...

Couldn't agree more with your sentiments!!! Will do a proper jam one day with my collection!! It's in good condition this Drum Machine though so I'm pretty chuffed. Thanks for the enthusiasm! ?

• Like 1

I really like the 80’s look of this thing but what on earth were they thinking with the I/O on the sides - that kind of stuff bugs me.  ‘Oh, you want to put it next to something?…. I didn’t think of that…’

So what is the plan with these machines? I have watched your DR-220A videos and I didn’t comment as you seemed really happy with what I’m guessing many here would say is a very limited drum machine. Are you collecting all drum machines or just specific ones?

I will add that I consider collecting drum machines to be perfectly normal behaviour, as I currently have a Pulsar23 and a Machinedrum and thinking how nice that new EricaSynth Perkons would look next to them ?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Grain Bastard said:

I really like the 80’s look of this thing but what on earth were they thinking with the I/O on the sides - that kind of stuff bugs me.  ‘Oh, you want to put it next to something?…. I didn’t think of that…’

So what is the plan with these machines? I have watched your DR-220A videos and I didn’t comment as you seemed really happy with what I’m guessing many here would say is a very limited drum machine. Are you collecting all drum machines or just specific ones?

I will add that I consider collecting drum machines to be perfectly normal behaviour, as I currently have a Pulsar23 and a Machinedrum and thinking how nice that new EricaSynth Perkons would look next to them ?

Yeah dude I just like collecting them. Limitations are part of what I dig about them lol. Yeah I could get some bells and whistles piece of gear but I grew up in the 80s so these have nice appeal! I know they're limited to an extent but one day soon I hope I'll get them all hooked up in a studio space as at the moment I'm just short on space. The good thing is these do have Trigger ins or outs so you can interface them with other gear like the Volcas etc etc. I will try and do a proper jam session too and pop it up soon I hope!! Thanks. ?