IGNORED

Loess - Totems (n5MD)

dcom

So glad these guys came back. They fuse together some of my favourite elements of "the genre". All of their releases are excellent. 

Gotta admit tho a lot of it does sound pretty same-y, a lot of the same tonalities and sound palette, and at a glance this track could almost be a "remix" of previous works. But they have forged a unique characteristic sound and I respect that.

Edited by toaoaoad
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Totems turned out to be a rather melodic album compared to their palette. I wouldn't criticise that their songs sound similar to each other cause their style in total is very unique and high quality. They are one of the best idm artists out there and every new release is a gift! I can't get enough songs from them cause there's no other artist making any music alike.

It's a pity they are so unknown I almost missed this album cause no blog or magazine wrote about it and they don't care about social media which makes them even more likeable. Such an underrated duo and Totems is my personal favourite output of 2021 by far!

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

All Loess albums are now available from n5MD's Bandcamp.

S/T is partially like Amber/Garbage era Autechre mashed up with Seefeel, loving it.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 2

Not quite all - there's also 3d Concepts which is quite good. It was a split release with Low Profile Society (aka Gimmik) and Miles Tillmann.  I'm only pointing this out in case this thread has made completists of any of you, as it should because Loess is awesome.

Edited by toaoaoad
  • Like 1