IGNORED

LP5 Potential Reissue

YELLOW

Well there we go. Bleep, Boomkat, AE STORE and Warp emails for Chiastic Slide and LP5 all came in at once. Amazing news as I needed LP5 in particular on vinyl again after my last copy got destroyed by the dog.

Bought from the AE STORE where downloads are available immediately.

I'm not surprised there's no Confield though. I imagine they're batching these together as Ae's transitional period and will release Confield, Draft and Untilted together.

Edited by Jamesqdot

1 hour ago, hello spiral said:

I would quite like the LP5 CD back because I plan to trip with my lady soon and I remember what a profound effect holding that casing had on me when I was listening, and I would like to recreate for her...

22 minutes ago, hello spiral said:

very aware lol, old hand at this. 

Make a separate thread and let us know how it goes

Pls

Spoiler

6kp4rvnbzk771.jpg

• Haha 1

ESTIMATED SHIPPING ON 19 NOVEMBER 2021 FROM UNITED KINGDOM.

Gonna have to wait for the local record shop to stock this. Been hearing quite a lot of Brexit tax horror stories. 

Edited by eye

Sweet.

Happy with my press of Chiastic Slide, and just about to hit buy on LP5.  Great stuff cheers ae

*edit*

Fuck it, im gonna wait and actually go to a record store and buy this from them instead. 

Edited by Soloman Tump
  • Farnsworth 1

1 hour ago, auxien said:

good thing about no CD reissues are that because CDs are the perfect physical medium my CDs i bought 20 years ago and have played hundreds of times are still in great condition 

In terms of the age old question 'Is it washable?', an lp5 CD case would most probably be more washable than lp

Edited by markedone
  • Thanks 1

LP5 was my second ae album and was my gateway.  I never had a copy with the black case tho, just a regular CD case with white inner sleeve that just has the track titles written down the side. It's the Nothing Records version I guess, so eh thanks again Trent, from my 13 year old self.  There's a small part of me that would like a copy with the black case but I haven't bought a CD in years so meh.

Edited by toaoaoad

^thats the same version i have, pretty sure i bought it at a Sam Goody’s or something here in the good ole US of A. maybe it was an import tho, not sure

edit: the vinyls do look good tho

Edited by auxien

2 hours ago, auxien said:

^thats the same version i have, pretty sure i bought it at a Sam Goody’s or something here in the good ole US of A. maybe it was an import tho, not sure

edit: the vinyls do look good tho

The vinyl packaging was really good. I’d never owned anything quite like it at the time. Then the dog wazzed on it and my copy was gone forever…

this repress will be printed on better card stock too so less likely to fox like the original one did.

Edited by Jamesqdot
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jamesqdot said:

The vinyl packaging was really good. I’d never owned anything quite like it at the time. Then the dog wazzed on it and my copy was gone forever…

this repress will be printed on better card stock too so less likely to fox like the original one did.

oh i was talking about the CD referenced above my post (^), i don't have any AE on vinyl. closest is the Gescom Skull Snap release.

just looked up the old vinyl on discogs and it looks basically like the new one. kinda thought maybe the old one had an outer sleeve or something. a vinyl with the same style plastic packaging as the CD actually would've been pretty cool for that i'd think, if weird/expensive to manufacture.

also the LP5 promo CD looks cool:

R-424765-1111609458.jpg.jpg

edit: this Warp CD repress looks a little cool too:

R-10818627-1613837700-8022.jpeg.jpg

Edited by auxien