IGNORED

LP5 Potential Reissue

YELLOW

I don’t think any Autechre reissues have ever been remastered actually. At least not the albums and main eps. 

i think cavity job was maybe redone, because they had to edit those two tracks anyway for uncleared samples. 

• Like 1

idk if this is a controversial opinion but no Autechre project needs a remaster anyway imo

ok maybe just maybe LP5 but even that I don't think desparately needs a remaster

Edited by X4creek
  • Like 3

I looked for a thread devoted to the "Chiastic Slide"/"LP5" reissues, and didn't see it. If I missed the right thread, apologies. 

So, I got the vinyl reissues yesterday in the mail, and they are lovely to behold. Excellent presentation. Problem is, both "cipater" and "acroyear2" skip repeatedly. It appears that they keep kicking my stylus out of the groove. No other tracks do this, and none of my other decent records have any problems on the turntable that I use. Anyone else having this problem? Also, what should I do about this? I'm pretty disappointed that both of the first tracks from each album have this problem. 

• Like 1

@oscillik: well, it's not that kind of turntable, so admittedly, that's a limitation. It's an automatic auditechnica belt-driven table. I have another one with adjustable tracking but it's not in regular rotation. The automatic audiotechnica doesn't give me this sort of grief with any of my other records, and I listen to it daily. I'll hook up my fancier turntable and see if it still gives me this problem. It's disappointing, still. 

update: I pulled out my audiotechnica lp120 and both records worked fine on there. I'm not sure why they skipped on the lp60: like I said, I've never had that problem with new records on that turntable before. Oh well. The good news is that they work just fine on the other deck, so I guess I'll only play them on that one. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Upset man said:

Man. I ordered these the day they were announced and still haven’t received them. Anyone else in this boat? 

same boat here...

And I still remember the good old time of the tDR prints: for the delay I opened a post a little above the rows that I paid dear (lololol), so, now, I wait quietly ... :shrug:

• 1 month later...
On 11/29/2021 at 11:10 AM, apriorion said:

@oscillik: well, it's not that kind of turntable, so admittedly, that's a limitation. It's an automatic auditechnica belt-driven table. I have another one with adjustable tracking but it's not in regular rotation. The automatic audiotechnica doesn't give me this sort of grief with any of my other records, and I listen to it daily. I'll hook up my fancier turntable and see if it still gives me this problem. It's disappointing, still. 

Yep, picked up lp5 from a record store yesterday and i have the same issue, adjusted the tracking weight to be the max reccomend for this stylus and still have the same issue. Might try insulating it from vibration from the bass, otherwise not sure what to try...

4 hours ago, vkxwz said:

Yep, picked up lp5 from a record store yesterday and i have the same issue, adjusted the tracking weight to be the max reccomend for this stylus and still have the same issue. Might try insulating it from vibration from the bass, otherwise not sure what to try...

we're talking about eight sides of vinyl, and it's not happening on the outer tracks, it's only happening on Cipater and Arcoyear2 - the opening tracks on two different albums pressed at the same time.

it definitely sounds like an issue with the records themselves. i have an original pressing of Chiastic Slide and i don't remember having any problems with it.

On 12/22/2021 at 2:27 PM, Draft78 said:

same boat here...

And I still remember the good old time of the tDR prints: for the delay I opened a post a little above the rows that I paid dear (lololol), so, now, I wait quietly ... :shrug:

after more than two months the package has arrived. It did it. What happened in these two months (almost three) will remain a secret of high-ranking officials. Ochre - very kindly - were ready to send me a second package, when the postman appeared with an open box. Someone had hoped to find a shipment of cocaine inside, and he found on hands two vinyl with not even the name printed on them.

• 2 years later...

been a while. goosebumps all over. fav (ae) album. probably perfect. refuses to age even the tiniest bit imo.

was interesting to read about their ambition of incorprating song-like structures on this one (‘how does songwriting work?’) in that recent droid interview. makes me feel kinda pedestrian rly, but makes total sense i guess. i'd further argue it's the most "albumy" of the lot in the sense that every track leads very distinctly into the next, there's shitloads of interludes, tracks kinda "frazzeling out", paving ways and what feels like a comparatively clear overall dramatic arc imo. also it just sounds so fucking good, crystal clear like.

lp5.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

*pristine is the word, i think. like you don't wanna even touch it. dunno.

lp5.

• Like 1
  • Burger 1
  • Big Brain 1

On 2/5/2024 at 6:46 PM, jaderpansen said:

been a while. goosebumps all over. fav (ae) album. probably perfect. refuses to age even the tiniest bit imo.

was interesting to read about their ambition of incorprating song-like structures on this one (‘how does songwriting work?’) in that recent droid interview. makes me feel kinda pedestrian rly, but makes total sense i guess. i'd further argue it's the most "albumy" of the lot in the sense that every track leads very distinctly into the next, there's shitloads of interludes, tracks kinda "frazzeling out", paving ways and what feels like a comparatively clear overall dramatic arc imo. also it just sounds so fucking good, crystal clear like.

lp5.

I feel this way about Exai. LP5 is dope tho.

• Like 1