IGNORED

Alva Noto - HYbr:ID I

Scaramouche

Excellent two opening and two ending tracks where the tunes hubble and bubble to life but the bit in the middle didn’t really do much for me. But that’s just after a couple of plays. 

On 11/15/2021 at 3:04 PM, Enthusiast said:

Like it. Pan Sonic vibes.

I was getting some Ø vibes - in particular the latter portion of oval p-dance - should receive my copy tomorrow, will wait until tomorrow night for a re-listen.

• Like 1

i do wish there was a bit more variety here but he probably doesnt have much variety in his albums (this is my third album from him, prev 2 were XERROX 4 & unitxt and i would be down for recommendations!!!) besides that i'd say this is really good!! will definitely be following this series as it goes on

Edited by X4creek

16 hours ago, X4creek said:

i do wish there was a bit more variety here but he probably doesnt have much variety in his albums (this is my third album from him, prev 2 were XERROX 4 & unitxt and i would be down for recommendations!!!) besides that i'd say this is really good!! will definitely be following this series as it goes on

You should certainly check out the rest of the XERROX and Uni series, but I'd say:

Unieqav is a great album of his more beat focused work. Some really nice tracks with his machine funk vibe. UNI CHORD is worth the price of admission alone (IMO)

The two albums on Line are also worth checking out for something a little different, For and For 2. Two albums of dedications that cover a 'broad' range of styles for him. 

And the first Opto Files album with Opiate. 

• Like 4

I love the TransAll series. Saw him live back then, it was immense. Saw Xerrox live too, before the first volume was even announced, and it was beyond stunning.

• Like 2

On 11/17/2021 at 10:45 PM, X4creek said:

I recommend the collabs with Ryuichi Sakamoto too, particularly Insen, Vrioon, Summvs and Utp_ 

• Like 3

When listening to ''HYbr:ID oval blackhole'', I think it's clear he has used the sounds from VIGO/LIGO capturing for the first time the signal of 2 black holes merging together.

Edited by Jafs

16 hours ago, petsim said:

On a side note, an Alva Noto installation is part of this exhibition that’s on in London till next month. 

https://www.180thestrand.com

Missed the Ikeda that was on there, tempted by this. 

Released earlier today. 

WARNING: This video may potentially trigger seizures for people with photosensitive epilepsy. Viewer discretion is advised.

• Like 1

Artist talk streamed live today, Q&A at the end. Had it on in the background, so need to have a proper listen, heard "Wittgenstein" and "Cosmic Ray Detection" mentioned, and he talks about the Virus series in the Q&A. 

• Like 2

On 11/19/2021 at 4:07 AM, petsim said:

I recommend the collabs with Ryuichi Sakamoto too, particularly Insen, Vrioon, Summvs and Utp_ 

God yes. When I first heard Vrioon all those years ago it was a transformative moment I think. Still gets played often.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...