IGNORED

Luke Vibert is at the Chapel Porth beach surfing spot on the cover of Sine Waves

Rubin Farr

• Rubin Farr changed the title to Luke Vibert is at the Chapel Porth beach surfing spot on the cover of Sine Waves

That you’ve had over 100 near-death experiences:

“Another exaggeration. I have had loads of mental car crashes when I was younger, because everyone drives like a lunatic in the country. I had, like seven really bad ones. Some including me driving, others my friends. And I also nearly drowned once, that was mental. Same beach as that ‘Surfing On Sine Waves’ album cover. There’s a current in the evening that you’re not supposed to swim in and I swam out to have a shit and got dragged out. That was a close shave.”

Were you aware that you were about to die?

“Fucking mad, actually. I thought, ‘This is it, I’ve totally had my chips. I’m getting really tired.’ All my mates just pissed off, they didn’t even notice, apart from one who just ignored me waving at him. I was going under all the waves and every time I went under I was being sucked out further. It was sucking me round the corner of the headland. I knew the only way I was going to survive was to surf back on a wave. I tried it twice and I just thought I had one more chance or that was it. But that last wave was massive and just swept me up on the beach. Lucky bastard, eh?”

https://lannerchronicle.wordpress.com/2020/09/07/aphex-twin-chris-cunningham-its-all-gone-pair-shaped-nme-20th-march-1999/

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hail Sagan said:

More shocking to hear this dude swam out into the ocean to take a shit than the fact that he almost got taken out by a current. 

It's strange, but maybe it doesn't mean much to him

• Haha 1

Why is this Luke Vibert event so popular? That photo is everywhere on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook.. 

People are crazy about this photo! Who fucking cares? ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, modey said:

It's strange, but maybe it doesn't mean much to him

Didn’t know this was a thing. I feel like “squidge in the fridge” is definitely about a foul RDJ party prank now. Richard shit in a fridge confirmed.