IGNORED

Autechre, Luke Vibert remix Humanoid's 'sT8818r'

ignatius

Boomfff!  Ordered in a flash

Also listening to sT8818r original mix for the first time, quite a barnstormer eh

Trivia - Autechre's A664 mix is named after the A-road connecting Manchester to Rochdale ?

• Like 1

OMG I'm old - I'm a Stakker/Humanoid contemporary witness. What's next then?

Altern8 - Evapor8 pls

Or some good ole Baby Ford Ae revival.

Want it to be good. Sophie Bipp was hands down shite.

Edited by WurstPLUS
  • Burger 1

4 hours ago, WurstPLUS said:

OMG I'm old - I'm a Stakker/Humanoid contemporary witness. What's next then?

Altern8 - Evapor8 pls

Or some good ole Baby Ford Ae revival.

Want it to be good. Sophie Bipp was hands down shite.

Gotta listen to the 7 Songs expanded release. You won’t be disappointed if you like this sound.

• Like 1

What made Dougans's appearance even more surprising was that the BBC had all but banned any records that referenced acid house. The embargo had been brought in following the 20 October 1988 show opened by Caron Keating and a smiley face T-shirted Steve Wright when they introduced the video for D Mob's We Call It Acieed in a manner that was deemed out of step with the tabloid outrage over 'evil acid house baron' and the threat to the nation's youth.

However, Dougans was allowed to perform. What's more, he appeared "live" in the studio.

"It was a bit of a crazy day out," he remembers, not least because the programme was completely unprepared for an acid house artist. According to Dougans, the producers insisted that if there were any vocals on a track, somebody had to sing them. "I was like, 'It's a fucking computer, man'," says Dougans, referring to Humanoid's signature refrain sampled from the arcade game Berzerk. "But somebody had to be singing the words, hence why I had a little microphone. If you actually look closely, you see me mouthing the words. They made me do it. The bastards!"

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 10/12/2021 at 9:51 AM, Extralife said:

Gotta listen to the 7 Songs expanded release. You won’t be disappointed if you like this sound.

Picked this up on this recommendation, and the expanded stuff is fantastic. 

• Like 1