IGNORED

I can't change octave in Renoise HELP!

cern

This tool is pretty cool, did buy it but I found a better flow just using renoise as a rewire slave with Reaper. Worth a try if you dont like the lack of piano roll/ mixing style that renoise offers/ prefer having gear audio visualized in stems.

Edited by thefxbip

It Changing All the notes in the same track when in the option under “Column Operations” it says: Transpose One note up/down.

How can one note means All the notes in the same track? ?

5 minutes ago, cern said:

It Changing All the notes in the same track when in the option under “Column Operations” it says: Transpose One note up/down.

You have to select/underline just the one note you want in the track. Be sure that you only color underline one certain note and not the whole track. Might be what cause the problem?

Edited by thefxbip
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, thefxbip said:

You have to select/underline just the one note you want in the track. Be sure that you only color underline one certain note and not the whole track. Might be what cause the problem?

As u can see in the option all those commands is what I'm trying to apply on the note but ALL the other notes changes in the same time.. 

The right-click Transpose-option is a joke!

Either you change all the notes in the track or you change all the columns in the track!

That is like you want to loose weight and the waitress says: "Do you want a fat free meal with a Sugar drink or do you want a sugar free drink with a meal with lots of fat?" 

IIRC there are different options/keyboard shortcuts depending on the scope of the thing you want to operate on. Like there is delete note, delete all notes in the track, etc.

I remember I found this really difficult to get when playing around with Renoise, but that may be mainly because due to bad life choices I am on a japanese keyboard layout and everything is in weird places.

A quick search gave me this thing:https://www.renoise.com/tools/unified-value-shift-and-transpose

I really wish I had more time to experiment with Renoise as a MIDI sequencer. One of these days...

7 hours ago, cern said:

As u can see in the option all those commands is what I'm trying to apply on the note but ALL the other notes changes in the same time.. 

Ah there is your problem you select the TRACK option. 

You have to select SELECTION.

Transpose SELECTION not TRACK.

Very important: You have to be sure the yellow underlining is on the note you want to transpose and select SELECTION, transpose X semitones.

Try that it will work. I just did it and its how you do it.

Edited by thefxbip
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, thefxbip said:

Ah there is your problem you select the TRACK option. 

You have to select SELECTION.

Transpose SELECTION not TRACK.

Very important: You have to be sure the yellow underlining is on the note you want to transpose and select SELECTION, transpose X semitones.

Try that it will work. I just did it and its how you do it.

Oh man thank u so much I thought I was going nuts there for a While. Finally something that works! ?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cern said:

It means transpose all notes in column up by one semitone. 

I see you've fixed the issue, but it seems a bit of a long way to do it for just one note, when you could just re-enter the note at the octave you want?

13 hours ago, thefxbip said:

This tool is pretty cool, did buy it but I found a better flow just using renoise as a rewire slave with Reaper. Worth a try if you dont like the lack of piano roll/ mixing style that renoise offers/ prefer having gear audio visualized in stems.

https://forum.renoise.com/t/simple-pianoroll-com-duftetools-simplepianoroll-xrnx/63034

there is this tool aswell if u would like a more traditional piano roll.

• Thanks 1