IGNORED

exm - Descent (Touched Music)

Touched Music

10 hours ago, azatoth said:

ha, yeah i wanna grab the CD but it's gonna be like $21+ USD for me shipped....but all the proceeds on Touched music go to Macmillan Cancer Support so that makes it sting a lot less. looks like last year they hit the ₤100,000 in total donations which is really cool: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/touched-music (you may know that ofc but maybe not everyone reading is aware all the profit goes to a good cause)

anyway, the music is really good unsurprisingly. i think the second half was a bit more interesting on my first listen last night, but i was enjoying it all.

Edited by auxien
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, auxien said:

ha, yeah i wanna grab the CD but it's gonna be like $21+ USD for me shipped....but all the proceeds on Touched music go to Macmillan Cancer Support so that makes it sting a lot less. looks like last year they hit the ₤100,000 in total donations which is really cool: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/touched-music (you may know that ofc but maybe not everyone reading is aware all the profit goes to a good cause)

anyway, the music is really good unsurprisingly. i think the second half was a bit more interesting on my first listen last night, but i was enjoying it all.

23 usd shipped isn't that bad for a cd

• Like 1

exm interview podcast with KTMusic  

open.spotify.com/show/4KoAXznDkBkzFp1xxS4ohS

Or  

podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/ktmusic-podcast/id1584563123?i=1000540227518

Still copies of this New Amazing Album Available At Touched Music 

Mind Bending Electronic Music 

• Like 5

Beats/flow of "Death of Sarah" remind me of Fatty Boom Boom (Die Antwoord). At 4:50 he starts using those hi-resonance filtered kicks, those are also in that track IIRC. 

IMO if that is a concept album (I always like that) with a story in mind, that story should be more loudly told, ie on Bandcamp page.

1 hour ago, WurstPLUS said:

Beats/flow of "Death of Sarah" remind me of Fatty Boom Boom (Die Antwoord). At 4:50 he starts using those hi-resonance filtered kicks, those are also in that track IIRC. 

IMO if that is a concept album (I always like that) with a story in mind, that story should be more loudly told, ie on Bandcamp page.

yes or in a podcast

lmao... an animal that wasn't happy anymore to live on the surface of the earth, so they decided to dig toward the center of the earth.

cool to confirm that it's not sam or froto. my specualtion disorder gets me wondering, sometimes.

played it in the bath with a weekend wake and bake and a book and it delivered. still learning the tracks but i can say that i like the album. a few definitely stood out and the overall flow was great. now that i know the story, that's just more awesome.

don't dig toward the center of the earth, exm. ❤️

finally learn his workflow. had been wondering. such an interesting musician.

Edited by trying to be less rude

Kinda surprised he uses FL. I thought it's rather rare outside the edm genre. But I've seen, it's a capable DAW meanwhile.

Opening track is really a grower for me, esp. 2nd half. Jaha, that 80s beginning... 

Edited by WurstPLUS

On 11/5/2021 at 10:24 PM, WurstPLUS said:

Kinda surprised he uses FL. I thought it's rather rare outside the edm genre. But I've seen, it's a capable DAW meanwhile.

Opening track is really a grower for me, esp. 2nd half. Jaha, that 80s beginning... 

FL is quite 'non-linear' in use. Especially compared to a lot of other 'big' DAW's. I like that. Not being bound to 1 workflow is lovely

• Like 1
  • Big Brain 1

On 11/5/2021 at 2:58 PM, trying to be less rude said:

yes or in a podcast

lmao... an animal that wasn't happy anymore to live on the surface of the earth, so they decided to dig toward the center of the earth.

cool to confirm that it's not sam or froto. my specualtion disorder gets me wondering, sometimes.

played it in the bath with a weekend wake and bake and a book and it delivered. still learning the tracks but i can say that i like the album. a few definitely stood out and the overall flow was great. now that i know the story, that's just more awesome.

don't dig toward the center of the earth, exm. ❤️

finally learn his workflow. had been wondering. such an interesting musician.

it is not sam or frodo... ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's getting colder outside, my turtle is now below ground, digged like 10 cm. But I found out turtles do not approach the earths core, so there's that.

Some interesting points there in the interview... So I think exmcarolfun is the result of opening Bach MIDI files?

He mentioned his stuff is "a bit more sweet" because of the kids. I noticed, he doesn't do that much "2nd half destruction" in his tracks as before. Not as brutal/disordered at least (having e.g. ignatio from Modulus in mind).
BTW, my bet is a return of Trump.

Likes Radiohead/Thom, Ae of course, mentioned Confield at first as an island disc. YES U OUR MAN MAN

Edited by WurstPLUS

On 11/10/2021 at 11:10 AM, WurstPLUS said:

So I think exmcarolfun is the result of opening Bach MIDI files?

No. recording and programming

• 5 months later...
On 5/1/2022 at 2:04 PM, WurstPLUS said:

Oh in the interview he said he uses Microtonic for percs. Interesting... I almost forgot it exists, such a dinosaur ?

still digg that one, yeah

• 3 months later...
BETTER THAN HALF PRICE SALE ON Descent by exm

DIGITAL IS PAY WHAT YOU LIKE FOR THIS WEEKEND COMING

5/5 REVIEW FROM IGLOOMAG
Electronic music without limits or barriers, building on abstractions of the past, and shows us a route to the future.
exm - Depth Light MUSIC VIDEO - https://youtu.be/f4u4jefpSAQ

Grab A Copy Before Its All Gone
Thanks For The Support
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Summon Dot E X E said:

image.png.debba844c1614395daaf21bd17356e9c.png

Wow, actually a really good deal. that's $1.44 per album. But the hard drive space to save them all as FLAC... hmmm.

Edit: got it

Yeah nice, but when listen? Haven't even fully listened to Touched 2/3 yet...