IGNORED

What do we expect now from AE?

cern

i can't get enough of Autechre and i'd like to have them as much as possible... but some ae i like more than anothers!

id like to see (hear) more ae of overand, more of ...

of kalpol introl

bronchus 2

basscadet

maetl

windwind

silverside

nine

yulquen

nil

teartear

flutter

second scepe

second scout

garbagemx

bronchusevenmx

vletrmx

cipater

calbruc

recury

pule

nuane

draun quarter

clipper

rae

corc

drane2

ccec

dropp

pir

gantz graf

surripere

v-proc

lcc

pro radii

the trees

sublimit

pen expers

bine

uviol

altibzz

simmm

paralel suns

outh9x

fol4

nofour

perlence suns

perlence subrange 3

perlence losid 2

perlence subrange 6-36

no border

m62

cep puiqmx

ph2ph8

see on see

treale

d-sho qub

krylon

bladelores

recks on

yjy ux

newbound

pendulu hv moda

elyc6 0nset

mesh cinereaL

acdwn2

foldfree casual

latentcall

freulaeux

t1a1

l3 ctrl

gonk steady one

four of seven

six of eight

xflood

wetgelis casual interval

glos ceramic

icari

mirrage

shimripl casual

all end

m4 lema

gr4

r cazt

dekdre scap b

7fm ic

x4

esle 0

sinistrail sentinel

jnsn code gl16

//can you find the pattern? ?

Edited by xox

1 hour ago, xox said:

i can't get enough of Autechre and i'd like to have them as much as possible... but some ae i like more than anothers!

id like to see (hear) more ae of overand, more of ...

List

//can you find the pattern? ?

You can eliminate like 95% of that list because Ae only uses computers now

I want their next project to make people mad, I want them to freak people out with their decisions, do something shocking.

Maybe Sean can finally make his hip hop album, or they do a full Breakcore album.

Idk, I didn't find SIGN or PLUS shocking enough, the only track that blew me away was r cazt but even as beautiful as that track is, it didn't make me feel like that's the next step for autechre.

I want them to shock me, do something sonically very different.

On 12/17/2021 at 11:32 PM, cern said:

You can eliminate like 95% of that list because Ae only uses computers now

Would you say it’s connected? The quality of music vs hardware? That it’s the most important factor in their music?

20 hours ago, xox said:

Would you say it’s connected? The quality of music vs hardware? That it’s the most important factor in their music?

No not their most important factor in their music ofc!

But If you want them to sound like Lego Feet - Incunabula'ish again that sound is impossible to achieve with Max/Msp and all nerds here on Watmm that says you can do it is all wrong.

On this part I totally agree with Aphex Twin: A computer that emulates hardware is only pretending to sound analog but is far away from real analog.
Then you have the analog mixers, different hardware EQ, etc all the other parts that shape the sound Ae had early and mid 90's.

I like to think of a step where traditional roles (percussion / synth, rhythm / melody) blur until they become indistinguishable. Each sound makes its own path without any connection with the previous knowledge I have of music. it's something I have in the head, but since I'm a dog playing, I hope they'll take care of it

• Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 4:34 AM, Draft78 said:

I like to think of a step where traditional roles (percussion / synth, rhythm / melody) blur until they become indistinguishable. Each sound makes its own path without any connection with the previous knowledge I have of music. it's something I have in the head, but since I'm a dog playing, I hope they'll take care of it

I like this idea. I feel that the OneSix live tour went near to this - awesome globular swaves of musical sound, but not always with clear deliniations between traditional categories. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Lianne said:

I like this idea. I feel that the OneSix live tour went near to this - awesome globular swaves of musical sound, but not always with clear deliniations between traditional categories. 

yeah!, Onesix is the closest thing to this vague idea I've tried to describe: if they took this direction to the extreme I would have the serotonin overdose I mentioned earlier...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, niversal said:

1959581136_aeconcept.thumb.jpg.2f7fb1208d1fbc755cecd3e03c57888e.jpg

On further thought, I remember in the AAA they said a remix compilation would be a licensing nightmare and therefore unlikely to ever happen (I'm loosely paraphrasing from memory lol)  and I wonder if this was their way of bypassing that (note "containing ALL existing remixes" in product description).   It's still not the same as having a 26 remixes for cash type release in your hands, but fans still get all the remixes in one place that they can purchase legally. Not a bad idea actually.

Spoiler

On a personal note I think this is quite funny, because just a few months ago I was struggling to get an ancient iPod Classic to communicate with a new windows computer after using mac for several years, and every time I would try to load it it would malfunction after a few albums got in. It was corrupted beyond hope but I didn't have a better portable setup at the time, so as a last resort I loaded it exclusively with Autechre albums because that was an amount it could seem to manage, and was something I could reliably expect to want to listen to on the go. So I actually already have one of these, in a sense lol