IGNORED

Aleksi Perälä - Phantabla

Revealed on Aphex Twin and Grant Wilson-Claridge’s Rephlex label, confirmed on those of Nina Kraviz or Len Faki, author of more than 90 albums in 22 years of career (not counting EP’s), one can no longer ignore the enigmatic Finnish electronic producer Aleksi Perälä, also known as Ovuca. His microtonal compositions are the fruit of an assiduous research between ancestral music, natural phenomena, frequency experiments and candid spontaneity aiming to approach ever more the original harmony of Human and Nature. A concept named Colundi that he describes with fervor.

Aleksi Perälä (Ovuca) :: The original harmony of Human and Nature (Igloo Mag)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, dcom said:

Yeah, absolutely. The track titles are the ISRC codes. And because there are so many tracks, it also makes it a lot easier. Then I can copy/paste (laughs) the ISRC code, and as there’s hundreds of tracks, I would run out of ideas for what to call this and that. And ISRC codes are kind of simple or easy in terms of you can see which year it came out, which cat[alogue] number it is on and which record label — it’s all in the name, so that’s quite handy in a way.

oh god this is brilliant. .wish i had done this. makes it easier when putting all the tracks on line. 

Really good article, I've all but given up trying to keep pace with his releases don't even have the time to listen to the alkesi that I already have never mind other music if you had then would so take time in the please?

Familiar with the name, and that he released albums on Rephlex, but I don't think I've ever listened to any of his music, or if I did, it was just in passing. Think I'll pick up both of these albums later today. 

Any recommends on his other albums to check out - there appears to be a shit load - would be greatly appreciated. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Shimon_Shimon said:

Familiar with the name, and that he released albums on Rephlex, but I don't think I've ever listened to any of his music, or if I did, it was just in passing. Think I'll pick up both of these albums later today. 

Any recommends on his other albums to check out - there appears to be a shit load - would be greatly appreciated. 

if i remember correctly, all of the spectrums were free/pay what you can...  i think if you click through all the albums on the bandcamp you might find a few "free" ones to trial and then dig in further if any of it suits your fancy.  beware. it's addicting stuff...

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, hayhook said:

if i remember correctly, all of the spectrums were free/pay what you can...  i think if you click through all the albums on the bandcamp you might find a few "free" ones to trial and then dig in further if any of it suits your fancy.  beware. it's addicting stuff...

also. The Colundi Sequence Vol 1, 2 & 3 are a sort of "best of" the first 16 "Levels" and Ovuca "Bonus", so also nice tasters to get a start...

Edited by hayhook

2 minutes ago, hayhook said:

also. The Colundi Sequence Vol 1, 2 & 3 are a sort of "best of" the first 16 Levels, so also nice tasters to get a start...

Thank you, I'll take a listen to those first, and work my way through his Bandcamp page, along with the these two new releases. 

"16 Levels" does sound rather Scientology like though, what do I learn when I get to OT level 16?  

10 minutes ago, Shimon_Shimon said:

Thank you, I'll take a listen to those first, and work my way through his Bandcamp page, along with the these two new releases. 

"16 Levels" does sound rather Scientology like though, what do I learn when I get to OT level 16?  

Probably a desire to dig into Level 17.1-17.6

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Shimon_Shimon said:

Simulation, released on Clone, is probably my favorite "album" of Colundi material.. some really great tracks on that one that give you the more beat-driven style.

• Like 2

On 11/2/2021 at 1:35 PM, Shimon_Shimon said:

what about astrobotnia? I love those.. they count right?

• Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 10:29 AM, Blir said:

Fucking lol

I love that interview so much

Later, I mention that we're nearly done with the interview. "No we're not," he says. "I've got lots more to say."

On 11/2/2021 at 8:35 AM, Shimon_Shimon said:

My fav from the colundi (from what ive checked lolz) 

I have a preference for the bangin or hypnotic type of trx and the dark colundi. Not so much in the chillzone ones.

Starlight serie is super tight. Lots of super energic break trx in them. Proper.

Unknown and Resonance are also superb and full of bangin hypnotic stuff.

also this

Edited by thefxbip
  • Like 1