IGNORED

Huerco S. - Plonk

species8472

Fantastic stuff. A lot faster and cleaner sounding than usual but still has that woozy vibe. But compared to his usual energy levels this practically sounds like footwork.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

yo that’s actually a really cool track. kind of how i imagined Autechre working with some rappers might sound like, sorta deconstructed and twisted up all amorphous and shit. pleasantly surprised.

Edited by auxien
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, auxien said:

yo that’s actually a really cool track. kind of how i imagined Autechre working with some rappers might sound like, sorta deconstructed and twisted up all amorphous and shit. pleasantly surprised.

Yeah it’s really growing on me as well. Sounds influenced by Sensational, who is, as far as I know the only rapper ae ever remixed officially (Sensachre 10 mix (Autechre remix)).  Continuous flow rap and really cool treatment on the vocals. Lyrics are kinda whatever but that’s not really the point, it’s got a vibe

8 hours ago, fumi said:

I might be the only one on here but I think his new direction is utter bollocks. This new stuff has none of what made his music so special.

Did you like Railroad blues, or his record as Loidis? Plonk VI is most similar to that stuff, swirling ambient techno.  I can’t get enough of it, so good.

then IV reminds me of his earlier records, it bangs when played loud on speakers. That not doing it for you either?

Edited by markedone
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, markedone said:

Yeah it’s really growing on me as well. Sounds influenced by Sensational, who is, as far as I know the only rapper ae ever remixed officially (Sensachre 10 mix (Autechre remix)).

Don't forget this one

• Like 5

On 1/29/2022 at 5:41 AM, markedone said:

Yeah it’s really growing on me as well. Sounds influenced by Sensational, who is, as far as I know the only rapper ae ever remixed officially (Sensachre 10 mix (Autechre remix)).  Continuous flow rap and really cool treatment on the vocals. Lyrics are kinda whatever but that’s not really the point, it’s got a vibe

Did you like Railroad blues, or his record as Loidis? Plonk VI is most similar to that stuff, swirling ambient techno.  I can’t get enough of it, so good.

then IV reminds me of his earlier records, it bangs when played loud on speakers. That not doing it for you either?

Nah, I really loved Colonial Patterns, For Those Of You Who Have Never (And Also Those Who Have)  as well as the QTT4 on Quiet Time Tapes.

His new stuff is just not where I imagined him going.

It's gonna take a bit of getting used to vox on a Huerco S record. At least its not a bog standard ASMR-baiting detatched female voice like on so much other ambient stuff at the moment.

33 minutes ago, Key said:

It's gonna take a bit of getting used to vox on a Huerco S record. At least its not a bog standard ASMR-baiting detatched female voice like on so much other ambient stuff at the moment.

Hey, give detached female voices in ambient a chance! Let's not limit their overuse to the most pop versions of club music! ?