IGNORED

µ-Ziq & Mrs Jynx - Secret Garden

ARPA

Blissful melodic "IDM" on Planet Mu, really? Yes, it's true! Two of my favorite artists, a match made in heaven, angels [redacted] on my ears!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rarebit Nutter said:

Never heard anything by Mrs Jynx before, but if it's anything like this I'll be sure to check it out.

Both of her albums on Mu are gorgeous.

3 hours ago, Rarebit Nutter said:

And not that it's an equivalent comparison, but I prefer this to Scurlage...

Scurlage is really average and forgettable. I don't get how it ended in Bleep best of the year list. But it's not like this was essential...

Edited by Jafs
  • Like 2

On 11/28/2021 at 11:27 AM, Rarebit Nutter said:

Never heard anything by Mrs Jynx before, but if it's anything like this I'll be sure to check it out. 

ban this guy ?

Kinda like the album, but for me its totally unremarkable.

Edited by Ayya Khema
  • Big Brain 1

On 11/29/2021 at 8:35 PM, Ayya Khema said:

ban this guy ?

argh! and I was doing so well....

On 11/28/2021 at 9:24 PM, Extralife said:

Also can't say enough good things about this album.

This is the one for me from Jynx:

lovely stuff. Added to the to-do list....

• 3 weeks later...

gave this a proper whirl last night after seeing it on so many of the best of 2021 lists here. I agree with the comments mentioned above, this is such an enjoyable, positive, and easy to like album. 

anyone else get Plaid - Reachy Prints vibes from some of it? there were some moments that reminded me of that. Reachy Prints was also very well received on here I remember, and had a similarly positive vibe about it. 

2 hours ago, zero said:

gave this a proper whirl last night after seeing it on so many of the best of 2021 lists here. I agree with the comments mentioned above, this is such an enjoyable, positive, and easy to like album. 

anyone else get Plaid - Reachy Prints vibes from some of it? there were some moments that reminded me of that. Reachy Prints was also very well received on here I remember, and had a similarly positive vibe about it. 

Good call! It does have some Plaid-esque sounds to it. Nothing fancy or ground-breaking, just some good ol' cozy IDM. Reachy Prints is great, my favorite Plaid album depending on the day.

• Like 1