IGNORED

Tracks you never get tired of

milkface

If you can be arsed, list tracks that you never tire of. They may not be your favourite tracks but they're tracks that remind you of someone, somewhere or something and give you an overload of emotion, whether good or bad.

Here are mine in no particular order:

Aphex Twin - Xtal

Part Time - I Wanna Take You Out

Yves Tumor - The Feeling When You Walk Away

Talk Talk - New Grass

Bark Psychosis - Absent Friend

Chromatics - Cherry

Ariel Pink - Another Weekend

Sun Araw - Deep Cover

Slowdive - Blue Skied An' Clear

μ-Ziq - XT

Saint Pepsi - Private Caller

Neon Indian - Era Extrana

There are many others but these stand out the most to me.

Edited by milkface
  • Like 1

• milkface changed the title to Tracks you never get tired of
13 hours ago, milkface said:

If you can be arsed, list tracks that you never tire of. They may not be your favourite tracks but they're tracks that remind you of someone, somewhere or something and give you an overload of emotion, whether good or bad.

i don't see the connection between not being tired of a track and this track reminding you of "someone, somewhere or something and give you an overload of emotion, whether good or bad". what a confused line of thinking. almost as confused as sad drum loop. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, brian trageskin said:

i don't see the connection between not being tired of a track and this track reminding you of "someone, somewhere or something and give you an overload of emotion, whether good or bad". what a confused line of thinking. almost as confused as sad drum loop. 

maybe its just how my mind works but i find that the tracks i never tire of are ones that have some kind of special connection to something, i guess the replayablity comes from the emotion it makes me feel. there have been many amazing songs i've loved over the years but i very quickly get tired of them, the ones that have stood the test of time and still remain in my playlists so many years later are ones that make me feel nostalgia, loss, or remind me of a certain moment in time

• 2 weeks later...

Got wise when I was a teenager when I killed Ride The Lightning and Master of Puppets through endless plays not to over expose my eardrums to my favourite records. Gave them maybe a 15 year break (apart from hearing them in concert) and they sounded great again. And I’ve been sticking to this cunning plan ever since. I know (Big Brain).

On 11/19/2021 at 7:23 PM, milkface said:

If you can be arsed, list tracks that you never tire of. They may not be your favourite tracks but they're tracks that remind you of someone, somewhere or something

TTTUUUNNNEEEEEE

• Like 1