IGNORED

Tstewart - Elysian (April 15, 2022)

sidewinder

spacer.png

I noticed a few new Tstewart singles pop up on Spotify lately, the second of those just today, so I did a little snooping. New album out April 15 next year on Mercury KX.

https://store.universalmusic.com/mercurykx/*/tstewart/elysian-LP/796Q1EUP000

1. Elysian Opening
2. Elysian Walk, Pt. 1
3. Angels Point
4. Isle of the Blest
5. Airstream
6. Baxter Climb
7. Elysian Walk, Pt. 2
8. Flow Away
9. Buena

• Like 1

Been jamming Buena like crazy since it appeared on my Spotify.   This album should be legit.  It’s not as derivative as all the other stuff I’ve heard from this moniker.  Cheers Travis!

• 4 months later...

Happy for Travis and the teaser tracks are tasty but this Mercury KX label is just the old guard BMG-Universal in disguise. As such, digital vinyls will be a ballache (no Bandcamp/Bleep/Boomkat). I hope to be proven wrong or to at least get an iTunes option. I still never got Clark's recent stuff because those old fart labels like Deutsche Grammaphone only think in CD and vinyl. 

Sounds lush, looking forward to this. Haven't really gotten into his last two albums as machinedrum but generally think quite highly of him. Nice to hear something "familiar but different".

Looks like the tracklist is actually 16 tracks long btw

TRACKLIST
1 elysian opening  
2 elysian walk, pt. 1  
3 angels Point  
4 isle of the Blest  
5 airstream  
6 baxter climb  
7 elysian walk, pt. 2  
8 flow Away  
9 buena  
10 cumulus  
11 feel who you are  
12 Josephine  
13 taro root  
14 Solstice  
15 aeon  
16 elysian closing

Edited by toaoaoad

On 4/19/2022 at 2:08 PM, dumplings said:

Wish there was more percussion driven tracks in it, like Buena, but overall quite noice.

You know, after like 13 years of his bangers, I found myself with blue balls on this record. It's really nice from a John Cage/modern classical perspective but it turns out I really need Freddie Gibbs saying the n word through a 1:0 delay and a footwork-jungle breakbeat to really feel complete. I think he scans the forums so I don't wanna trash him. Posthumous shoutout to Salvatorin for the Machinedrum quote that went something like "Travis is the type to be at an LA industry party and say 'sorry guys, gotta dip' and then read the BOC subforum at home"  ??

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2022 at 3:13 PM, chenGOD said:

Totes lush. Lot of interactive features on his website as well. 

Interactive? I walked around in circles trying to get both iOS and Android to land on any of the spots marked on the map. Travis, please send archive of the exclusive tracks we can supposedly find.

On 4/21/2022 at 2:47 AM, xxx said:

You know, after like 13 years of his bangers, I found myself with blue balls on this record. It's really nice from a John Cage/modern classical perspective but it turns out I really need Freddie Gibbs saying the n word through a 1:0 delay and a footwork-jungle breakbeat to really feel complete. I think he scans the forums so I don't wanna trash him. Posthumous shoutout to Salvatorin for the Machinedrum quote that went something like "Travis is the type to be at an LA industry party and say 'sorry guys, gotta dip' and then read the BOC subforum at home"  ??

You forgot about the coked-out broads twisting his 'stache, and everyone going "aw man cya machinedrum" Should be in the watmm post hall of fame imo

Love u Travis

On 5/1/2022 at 9:48 PM, dr lopez said:

it's like he wrote a bunch of sufjan songs but then took out the lyrics

OOF

• Haha 1