IGNORED

VCV Rack 2 free and Pro (VST) Released!

thefxbip

Very exciting news!

https://vcvrack.com/news/2021-11-30-Rack-2-released

After 2 years of development, the latest major update of the virtual Eurorack platform VCV Rack is here. Rack gives you the full flexibility of a Eurorack modular synthesizer with the convenience and portability of DAW software. Rack 2 comes in two variants:

• Free (open-source): Standalone application.
  • Pro ($149 regular price, $99 until 2022): Standalone, VST2, more plugin formats coming soon.

A bundle containing Rack 2 Pro + VCV Drums + VCV Sound Stage is also available until 2022 for $139, having a regular price of $209.

Get VCV Rack 2.

Here are some of our favorite new features.

• Dark room mode to save your eyes at night with adjustable room brightness.
  • Module selections to save, share, edit, and move around selections of modules. (New .vcvs selection format.)
  • Enhanced module browser to zoom, favorite, and sort your module collection.
  • Redesigned UI and built-in modules.
  • Port tooltips, context menu, and key commands for faster control of patch cables.
  • Optimized real-time engine with multiple audio interface support (if supported by manufacturers’ drivers).
  • Add/remove individual modules from the VCV Library to fine-tune your module collection.
  • See all 100+ new features in Rack’s changelog.

A VST plugin is included in Rack 2 Pro for full integration into your DAW.

• Save patches inside your DAW project.
  • Instrument/effect plugin.
  • Up to 16 audio input/output channels.
    • Process vocals, guitar, etc. with Rack as an effect plugin.
    • Perform Rack as an instrument plugin with 8 stereo (or 16 mono) outputs.
    • Send recorded or live DAW tracks directly into Rack using 8 stereo (or 16 mono) “sidechain” inputs.
  • 16 MIDI input/output channels.
    • Generate MIDI for other DAW tracks with Rack’s sequencer modules.
    • Record and play back notes, gates, and CV with MIDI clips in your DAW.
  • Parameter automation of up to 1024 knobs, sliders, and buttons in your patch so you can record, play back, and tweak your modular performance.
  • Multiple instances with low processing overhead.
  • Offline rendering when exporting your project mixdown or pre-rendering tracks.
  • Resizable plugin window.

For more information and to download or purchase, go to the VCV Rack 2 product page.

• Like 1

Instantly grabbed a license for Pro… but a bug with some W10 computers prevents me from activating my copy. Patience, patience, Andrew’s on it.

Can’t wait to have Elements in my DAWs.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Nil said:

Instantly grabbed a license for Pro… but a bug with some W10 computers prevents me from activating my copy. Patience, patience, Andrew’s on it.

Can’t wait to have Elements in my DAWs.

Did you check your account and entering your machine number?

I couldnt download mine directly from VCV either got an error message with my machine number BUT

If you enter it into your account it gives you a link to download the license.

Its pretty fucking amazing by the way. Im gonna make soooo much music with the DAW/ VCV merge.

It can be used as FX processing, sound design beast, instruments, sequencers etc,etc.

Full modular power for 100 bucks. Amazing.

Supercell in VST babyyyyyyy yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss

God dammit. Told myself I was done after Black Friday but had to snag the Pro because, even at a novice stage, the ability to run this as a plugin is... like, it's kinda everything isn't it? 

Looking forward to firing this up later tonight/this weekend - btw, welcome any recommendations for tutorial vids/insights/etc. @thefxbip had already turned me on to some things (thnx brother) and my buddy put me on to this guys vids (who does a nice job going from the basic ideas of synthesis through more complex things) but always welcome new inroads for creativity/understanding how this stuff all works...

• Thanks 1

I will go into my studio with my 1 year old, with no plan. I’ll hold him with left arm and click around VCV with right hand. Having fully turned my brain off etc., and 30 min later, he is a sleep, and I have something incredible recorded. I have made stuff in there I could never have dreamt up anywhere else. It’s even better in this scenario than real eurorack, because I only need one hand.

• Like 3

On 12/3/2021 at 6:28 PM, thefxbip said:

Yeah this video seems a good starting point. Once youve learned the basic routing it becomes easier and clearer and the fun can begin.

After what has seemed like my 14th crack at it, things finally clicked last night. Basically, I've just been practicing building a basic synth from scratch (VCA, ADSR, VCO, Seq-3, sometimes VCF) - trying to get myself to really lock in those basic concepts. Build it. Tear it down. Build it again. Getting old sucks, because I feel like I would have grasped this much quicker younger, but the flip side to that is this HUGE payoff that learning something new brings when you haven't really been challenged in that way for a while. 

Sry, digressing, just really excited to feel those things slip into place in the brain. After I got a basic sequence up and running added a quantizer to lock to scale and then (again, took ages to get my head around this) started pushing CV messages from the 2nd row of the sequencer to various things (e.g., attack and sustain, effect levels on a reverb, etc.). wow. just like. WOW. woOOOOOOOWWWWWW. Taken years to understand why people were so keen on modular but starting to get it (sounds like @sheathemanis already there!). Fucking amazing. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, T3551ER said:

After what has seemed like my 14th crack at it, things finally clicked last night. Basically, I've just been practicing building a basic synth from scratch (VCA, ADSR, VCO, Seq-3, sometimes VCF) - trying to get myself to really lock in those basic concepts. Build it. Tear it down. Build it again. Getting old sucks, because I feel like I would have grasped this much quicker younger, but the flip side to that is this HUGE payoff that learning something new brings when you haven't really been challenged in that way for a while. 

Sry, digressing, just really excited to feel those things slip into place in the brain. After I got a basic sequence up and running added a quantizer to lock to scale and then (again, took ages to get my head around this) started pushing CV messages from the 2nd row of the sequencer to various things (e.g., attack and sustain, effect levels on a reverb, etc.). wow. just like. WOW. woOOOOOOOWWWWWW. Taken years to understand why people were so keen on modular but starting to get it (sounds like @sheathemanis already there!). Fucking amazing. 

Exact same thing happened to me when i started out. But once you get the basic routing, everything clicks.

Yeah modular is awesome. Once you find the motivation and learn it, a lot of doors open up in terms of sound.

Edited by thefxbip
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...