IGNORED

Burial - Antidawn EP

auxien

it's Christmas time

https://bleep.com/release/257791-burial-antidawn-ep

https://boomkat.com/products/antidawn-ep

12" + CD, out January 06. no music up yet. i ain't even like Burial really but figured i'd post for all y'all nerds :duckhunt:

oh and a new pic at https://thequietus.com/articles/30963-burial-new-ep-details-antidawn

"Antidawn reduces Burial's music to just the vapours. The record explores an interzone between dislocated, patchwork songwriting and eerie, open-world, game space ambience.

"In the resulting no man's land, lyrics take precedence over song, lonely phrases colour the haze, a stark and fragmented structure makes time slow down. Antidawn seems to tell a story of a wintertime city, and something beckoning you to follow it into the night."

Edited by auxien
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, auxien said:

Antidawn reduces Burial's music to just the vapours.

yo dawg, I heard you like yo music reduced to just vapours so I made vapours out of what was already vapours. hope u enjoy dawg.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Burger 2

I'm excited! Wtf on him not getting it out in time for Xmas though!

Hope it actually drops few weeks early on Xmas eve! Though either way not a long wait I guess so can't grumble 

Btw anyone know if track lengths been disclosed for this? Hoping it will work out pretty much full length duration with some nice long tracks on it

from the boomskis:

Burial with his most substantial release in years, over 40 minutes of fizzing seasonal crackle and ultimate wooze.

Practically album length by other standards, the 'Antidawn EP’ plays thru five parts in 44 mins, unravelling a sequence of signature, crackling samples and vaporised soul strokes that play deep into his soundtrack-like collage style. It’s a real one for midwinter consumption, with the capacity for a sort of introspective romance that holds its own without explanation. Ye ye anyone hoping for another Untrue will have to go whistle but, for the diehards, it’s another surefire salve for frayed nerves and burned out heads.

Nose to tail it’s proper central heating for the soul, convecting a palette of pop and film dialogue snippets weft with ephemeral organ vamps and dabs of ‘80s/’90s synths that hazily throw back to frosted lens vibes that were canon to a generation who’ve perhaps slipped into older age by this point, some 16 years since Burial first struck a nerve. ID hounds will have a field day attempting to unpick its constituent parts, but suffice it to say, it’s predictably evocative gear that feels like an extended tease;  you’ll just have to listen till the end to see if those woodblock drums ever make an appearance, we ain’t sayin.

4 minutes ago, Soloman Tump said:

Covid / RSD / Brexit delays, take your pick.

Let's hope there is a last minute surprise with some digitals. I cannot roast chestnuts around an open fire without some new Burial.

2 minutes ago, fumi said:

Let's hope there is a last minute surprise with some digitals. I cannot roast chestnuts around an open fire without some new Burial.

bleep has mp3/wav/flac options on the release page. 

1 minute ago, ignatius said:

But not available to purchase until the 6th.

2 minutes ago, ignatius said:

Maybe he'll move the Bandcamp page forward a little.