IGNORED

Burial - Antidawn EP

auxien

Yeah, gotta be honest I don't get the no albums thing, especially given the Japan Street Halo / Kindred release is effectively an album, and Tunes is also effectively an album, and at 44 minutes, this is effectively an album. Just make a bunch of tunes and put the best 50 minutes together as an album, Will. We'll all love you for it.

Obviously going to be buying this regardless.

54 minutes ago, realthanks said:

another year goes by and still no feral witchchild release

will m8....

Bit of a tangent, but you’ll find most artists have classic tracks hidden in the vaults that have only been aired in obscure places and exist as low quality bootlegs. I always thought it really was electronic artists like Aphex, BOC, Squarepusher, Burial etc but of course Dylan and Neil Young are two artists that also spring to mind. Even a few months ago I visited the Morrissey fan forum (not a fan myself, but it’s a long story) and it made me laugh because on there were many posts with fans talking about loads of these obscure tracks, lost albums etc etc that might finally see the light of day, or have been promised but never delivered. Oddly it reminded me of Twoism! Sometimes it’s easy to think that it’s (mainly) a BOC thing and unique problem to their fans, but I have the impression there are probably loads of fans of artists that have a similar story.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, fumi said:

Kind of annoyed about the release date. Why can't this be a Christmas release? Burial has effectively broken the xmas tradition.

It's better than what he did with the last single (Aka releasing the first track in december and then releasing the second one five fucking months later)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Bit of a tangent, but you’ll find most artists have classic tracks hidden in the vaults that have only been aired in obscure places and exist as low quality bootlegs. I always thought it really was electronic artists like Aphex, BOC, Squarepusher, Burial etc but of course Dylan and Neil Young are two artists that also spring to mind. Even a few months ago I visited the Morrissey fan forum (not a fan myself, but it’s a long story) and it made me laugh because on there were many posts with fans talking about loads of these obscure tracks, lost albums etc etc that might finally see the light of day, or have been promised but never delivered. Oddly it reminded me of Twoism! Sometimes it’s easy to think that it’s (mainly) a BOC thing and unique problem to their fans, but I have the impression there are probably loads of fans of artists that have a similar story.

Yeah, even despite releasing something like 12 albums of archived material, there are still loads of great tracks from FSOL's 90s radio broadcasts that are unreleased amazingly. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thumbass said:

It's better than what he did with the last single (Aka releasing the first track in december and then releasing the second one five fucking months later)

and then when it did come out it was just dolphin sounds.

Judging from that promo copy it sounds like this might be even further away from normal Burial. I hope so..  you've got to switch things up now and again haven't you?

2 minutes ago, chronical said:

glad I didn't preorder this then. This sounds more like a take on OPN than comfy christmas beats, not my thing unfortunately :mellow:

Actually, I've listened to this now. It's a fake for sure. Especially given the EP's description.

There are two fakes now floating around. One of them is Asleep Country’s album Next Year’s Snow 

Edited by fumi

21 minutes ago, fumi said:

Actually, I've listened to this now. It's a fake for sure. Especially given the EP's description.

There are two fakes now floating around. One of them is Asleep Country’s album Next Year’s Snow 

Ah thanks, that makes more sense. Just zipped around it and it didn't sound very burial to begin with

He knows what he's doing and I like everything he produces so I trust him, more than happy to hear this.

There's also some unreleased material on YouTube that I've been listening to recently (Stairwell, Cold Planet, True Love VIP, ...). Very cool stuff, distinctive sound.