IGNORED

Aleksi Perälä - Cycles

On 1/1/2022 at 10:08 PM, Amen Warrior said:

Are you saying, in 2021, aleksi recorded and published a track for every 1.3 days?

Wtfuq

Actually there were 253 (UK) working days in 2021. Let's say he took weekends and bank holidays off like the rest of us, he actually recorded and published a track for every 0.92 days.

1.08 tracks per day.

Do you think he still has a body or has he just become pure IDM?

• Haha 1
  • Big Brain 1

I  made a phantasia play list. It has 73 songs, with 7 hours and 7 minutes of music - I put it on shuffle and let it go. Will be doing the same for Midnight Sun and the Northern Lights material (of which Alcor and Mizar are my favourites).

I might wait for Aleksi to drop a few of these Cycles and then take out another loan against my house to buy them.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

I  made a phantasia play list. It has 73 songs, with 7 hours and 7 minutes of music - I put it on shuffle and let it go. Will be doing the same for Midnight Sun and the Northern Lights material (of which Alcor and Mizar are my favourites).

I might wait for Aleksi to drop a few of these Cycles and then take out another loan against my house to buy them.

You’re in it for the long haul, I see.

• Farnsworth 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

cycles 5 out today

https://aleksiperala.bandcamp.com/album/cycles-5

The symbols on each album are Chinese words

1 - Sun

2- Moon

3- Stars

4- Mountain

5- Dragon

(I'm just looking at google translate, if I'm off on any of these, please correct...)

Edited by hayhook
  • Like 1

had a 90 minute session in the drum room with cycles 5 today.  It's so lovely & different, I'm always looking for restrained albums like this to go on an adventure with when I'm practicing.  But I literally had to trick my brain back into regular mode(somewhat) when I put on something else.  I didn't realize I was locked into some weird 32nd drumming even though the cycles album was fairly quick to catch onto and ride straight with.  

• Like 1

On 2/21/2022 at 8:55 PM, NewSchoolScience said:

Cycles is going to be a ten (or more!) release series, and the last one is going to be an ambient album ? 

https://igloomag.com/profiles/aleksi-perala-oct-2021

I’m excite! 
but it’s pretty ambient already? Cycles 5 is prob my fav out of the bunch so far. Liking this much more than the Phantabla releases. 

• Like 1

On 2/16/2022 at 3:46 PM, hayhook said:

cycles 5 out today

https://aleksiperala.bandcamp.com/album/cycles-5

The symbols on each album are Chinese words

1 - Sun

2- Moon

3- Stars

4- Mountain

5- Dragon

(I'm just looking at google translate, if I'm off on any of these, please correct...)

That’s a great article, thanks for sharing!

that’s funny on the Chinese characters, that translation is obviously right because of the sequence, but my immediate thought for 1 and 2 was “day” and “month” respectively (because you see those characters used that way every day). 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2022 at 7:14 PM, NewSchoolScience said:

Track 6 is fucking bonkers good. Like orgasmic good. In fact the whole stretch from track 3 through to the end might be some of the best material he's released in a couple of years. Just yes.