IGNORED

Aleksi Perälä - Cycles

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have been waaaaaay too overwhelmed by the release rate ever since the Colundi was just single digits, but randomly decided to check out Cycles 9 and oh my gosh it's just beautiful - The Track 3/Track 4 23 minute uber-track nearly had me in tears with the playful clonking between instruments dancing around the multiple reverb layers. Simply fantastic compositions & production !

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/12/2022 at 2:33 PM, jules said:

He is impossible to keep up with but the Unity II album is absolutely incredible.

Somehow I missed these releases altogether, but spent most of the weekend listening to Unity II and Unity III. Unity III edges it slightly for me, but both are delicious.

On 9/12/2022 at 6:53 AM, mcbpete said:

Have been waaaaaay too overwhelmed by the release rate ever since the Colundi was just single digits, but randomly decided to check out Cycles 9 and oh my gosh it's just beautiful - The Track 3/Track 4 23 minute uber-track nearly had me in tears with the playful clonking between instruments dancing around the multiple reverb layers. Simply fantastic compositions & production !

Cycles 12 is the pinnacle of the series, both literally and figuratively. We are all blessed with colundi.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I still just add every release to the colundi playlist and throw it on random. Never disappointed. Always content. (Rarely do I have a “holy shit!!! This is the JAM” moment. But can listen for hours and continuously boppin’) never a dud but never a full on “jam”. I couldn’t give you a “favourite” Aleksi track. Maybe cuz they’re all named as numbers. And they’re all kinda samey. Sorta like Cocteau Twins. But they have unintelligible lyrics…

Edited by hayhook
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, hayhook said:

I still just add every release to the colundi playlist and throw it on random

I have playlists of each series. But it's always great to throw on a playlist and get in the zone while working. Second track on Unity III is one of the standouts on first couple of listens.