IGNORED

Aleksi Perälä - Cycles

On 3/23/2022 at 9:04 AM, hayhook said:

Anybody got a translation of the symbols (Chinese? Words) for 7? Is it “Cups”?

I don't think it's cups, but I think I know where Aleksi got most of the inspiration for his pictograms in the bottom right of the album covers

spacer.png

• Like 1

On 1/3/2022 at 2:05 AM, Amen Warrior said:

Actually there were 253 (UK) working days in 2021. Let's say he took weekends and bank holidays off like the rest of us, he actually recorded and published a track for every 0.92 days.

1.08 tracks per day.

Do you think he still has a body or has he just become pure IDM?

which means he has absolutely no quality control 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, o00o said:

Tough call given his worst track is better than most on their best day. 

43 minutes ago, o00o said:

But yeah. Could probs use an edit, then a release of all the ones not released, in 20 years…  “paint a vulgar picture”

Edited by hayhook

i don't see the point in releasing countless variations of the same tune, apart from the fact that it's a much safer and easier way to pay the bills than exploring new territory. it's the same song structure, the same modal jams over and over and over. so adventurous, much wow. all the lush reverbs in the world can't hide that fact. colundi my ass lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, brian trageskin said:

i don't see the point in releasing countless variations of the same tune, apart from the fact that it's a much safer and easier way to pay the bills than exploring new territory. it's the same song structure, the same modal jams over and over and over. so adventurous, much wow. all the lush reverbs in the world can't hide that fact. colundi my ass lol

• Haha 3

On 3/29/2022 at 5:31 PM, brian trageskin said:

this is what white people say about reggae

• Haha 1
  • Big Brain 1

I'd just like to know what my favorite AP songs are without having to look up my most listened tracks of his :duckhunt: bro remember UK74R1513010? it's the smooth piano version of UK74R1513090, mixing it with FI3AC2036040 works really well. I associate the music more with the artwork now, which I guess is the point in a way? Or is it?

On 3/29/2022 at 9:57 AM, chenGOD said:

I don't think it's cups, but I think I know where Aleksi got most of the inspiration for his pictograms in the bottom right of the album covers

spacer.png

When I opened this thread I thought this was a pic of 12 more cover arts for Aleksi's next series that would begin releasing simultaneously with Cycles ??

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, o00o said:

Its sounds exactly like this minus the vocals: 

I can't listen to the first one, cause PIAS blocked it in Canada, but I assume you're taking the piss comparing it to that Cafe del Mar pap.

7 hours ago, brian trageskin said:

wrong, reggae isn't modal and doesn't rely on lush reverbs. 

other than this, those white people are right. reggae is the colundi of jamaican music. 

The lushest reverbs I've ever heard have been in reggae.

Can we change this to reggaeton please fellow whities

i'm pretty ambivalent about an artist releasing an album every fortnight, but i prefer it to the ridiculous X-year wait time and build up for mediocre albums we get from some of my favourite electronic artists. with Aleksei, if it's mediocre, you can move on, next one might be good. with Aphex, then lol. see you in 5 years!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...