IGNORED

2021 : the year without any albums

Bob Dylan

• 10 months later...

2022 BUMP

With the two year anniversary of the release of Autechre' PLUS+SIGN,  it's now been 2 years with no new materials from either Squarepusher, Boards of Canada, Aphex Twin or Autechre.  In fact pretty much nothing happened except a couple of collabs, the Autechre live Helsinki fuckup and what else ???... 

No entitlement here, just wishing that the pandemic had created a large volume of new works like for some other musical artists...  We're not getting younger, fellas ! :trashbear::dadjoke:

• Like 2

My personal opinion on that:  I wouldn't expect anything new from boc probably ever. Aphex - meh don't really care. Squarepusher - I guess if I wanted new squarepusher I could catch up on his last 3-4 albums I never really listened to lol. And ae, well Sean gave those AMAs and basically said they're only interested in the live stuff right now. That's cool and all, we know the set is massive and really deep, and the soundboards are coming eventually, but I agree it would be nice if they'd toss another album our way in the meantime. We've had that much more of a glimpse into Sean's personality tho so now it's clear he does what he wants, and if he doesn't want to do that then he won't. (Can't speak for Rob. Rob pls?)