IGNORED

2 **free** ignatius releases

ignatius

Removal Equation has floated around on my neglected soundcloud for ages. this version is mastered. 

It began in 2004-ish as an Audiomulch patch i used for playing some ambient shows in Portland. Eventually I made a recording. these 2 tracks are the result. 

free/name your price. 

please share via your social media if you feel like it.
credits
released December 22, 2021 

mastered at Panic Studios by John McCaig

Disencumber is all random stuff from the hard drive. some pretty old some more recent. modular, software, all sorts. 

this is collection of tracks that were oddballs and didn't fit w/any other release or were sitting on the hard drive too long so here they are. free release. pay what you want. 

enjoy in the right place for you and share if you can. i don't really promote so dropping a link on your social media would be cool. check out the other releases. they're all different but the same. 

take the tracks you like from my releases and throw them in a playlist. make your own album.
credits

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

Removal Equation has floated around on my neglected soundcloud for ages. this version is mastered. 

It began in 2004-ish as an Audiomulch patch i used for playing some ambient shows in Portland. Eventually I made a recording. these 2 tracks are the result. 

free/name your price. 

please share via your social media if you feel like it.
credits

Disencumber is all random stuff from the hard drive. some pretty old some more recent. modular, software, all sorts. 

this is collection of tracks that were oddballs and didn't fit w/any other release or were sitting on the hard drive too long so here they are. free release. pay what you want. 

enjoy in the right place for you and share if you can. i don't really promote so dropping a link on your social media would be cool. check out the other releases. they're all different but the same. 

take the tracks you like from my releases and throw them in a playlist. make your own album.
credits

Lovely -- both releases, but particularly the ambient one! 

• Like 1

Ah, Audiomulch, yet another digital modular software I've always been curious about but never got around to using. Just how much of those are there anyway? Really enjoyed the Equation tracks, nice classic ambient/drone vibes not shying away from somewhat more intense and/or rhythmic parts (compared to the stuff I used to listen to hehe).

Digging the other tracks too, so far.

• Like 1

audiomulch is pretty immediate. it's all macro level stuff really.. and saving snapshots of devices then automating them. there's some good control options built into audiomulch and you can do a lot w/the built in effects etc.. it'll host vsts though and if you have some software midi sequencers you can hamfist together some things to make patches more melodic w/vst synths.. i miss using it sometimes because it was so immediate to use and easy to jam with. i used it for a good while and made lot's of tracks w/it.  if you are running an older OS you can probably get it to work. i haven't used it in ages as its unsupported and hasn't worked on mac for a long time really. it'll run on my old ass windows laptop but i haven't turned that thing on in forever. 

most of the tracks on 'disencumber' are made using eurorack modular.. well. tracks 1-5. 

• 2 weeks later...

Two salvaged and neglected (Soundcloud) tracks from 2004 have been recovered and remastered for Removal Equation, and instead of glitched, temperamental modular-electro fissures we’ve come to expect from Ignatius—check out Disencumber from December 2021, for another great example—”equation1″ and “equation2” ebb and flow in surreal ambient/atmospheric passages, swirling in clouds of thick fog. Both pieces over 12-minutes each—microscopic details and effervescent dronescapes seem to have no immediate start or end points. In tune with subtle drifts, expansive sonic auras, and distant melodic strands, Ignatius notes that these creations came about via an Audiomulch patch while playing ambient shows in Portland, OR. Luckily for us, we’re in for a treat. Sit back, look to the sky, relax in a quite room, or simply put on some headphones wherever you are, and slide into another dimension with Removal Equation at the helm.

Igloo says things.

• Like 2

We’ve always had a sweet spot for Ignatius’ modular sound dynamics (we’ve covered a few releases of the years)—Disencumber gathers tracks that didn’t “fit” on other releases and culled from dusty hard drives. A mixture of new and old(er) sonic creations is the result. Whether they’re newly minted or rediscovered, the talented Pacific Northwest musician and Buried In Time label operator continues on a quest to meander through melodiously dark electronic valleys.

Eight tracks averaging over 5 minutes apiece, Ignatius finds plenty of room to stretch exploratory boundaries. Bouncing around bumpier bits like the Autechrean glitch infested rhythms of “Eloq_Assm,” to more industrial acrobatics and low-end acid scribbling of “donut_bass,” Disencumber is a baffling collection ripping through blistered sound spaces. The darker thread and metallic drone of “everytime” breaks the album down—a distilled modular environment that echoes across the landscape. And just when you thought there couldn’t possibly be any more fuel left in Ignatius’ noise machines, “insensibility” is perhaps the highlight of the lot where Proem-like micro-industrial layers are thread around rhythmic bass shuffling from the outer edges of our galaxy. Closing with a compilation track from 2005, “*Death to Amsterdam’s Roxy” is all manner of fidgeting micro fibers, broken beats, and sandblasted glitch funk mayhem, that we’re left craving more of.

For fans of early releases by Architect, Deru, Lusine ICL, Proem, RD, and Richard Devine, Ignatius’ sound is simply enveloping and mind bending—reaching the furthest edges of modular/industrial experimentation without losing his audience along the way.

Igloo says more things.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2022 at 2:30 PM, chenGOD said:

Really nice:) thanks man.

Also really good to see Pietro is still running igloomag.

seems to have more energy than ever. glad it's going strong

• 3 weeks later...

these free releases + 15 other releases (120 tracks) are on youtube now. giving streaming another go.  can still download like half my releases on bandcamp for free. but if youtube etc is your thing have at it. 

• Farnsworth 1

• 1 year later...