IGNORED

Bibio - Vignetting the Compost LP and Ovals & Emeralds EP Vinyl Releases

saul_japancakes

I had posted an announcement on the Bibio subreddit that I moderate that both would be available on October 22nd, 2021. Me and a few people who made those pre-orders had them shipped early and received them. When I asked Bibio about these pressings he said he had no idea they were out for preorder and just about every site after that had it removed from their listings immediately, including Rough Trade. He told me there was an error and that they have been rescheduled for a proper release date TBD. I just wanted to post my copies because, to my surprise,  I had not seen any mention about either release on here.

IMG-8288.jpg

IMG-8291.jpg

IMG-8293.jpg

IMG-8294.jpg

IMG-8295.jpg

Edited by saul_japancakes
Grammar.
  • Like 1

Holy shit! I've been waiting for the Vignetting pressing for a looooong time now. I asked him about them coming in 2021 a while back and he gave me a nod, so I knew they'd be coming but this totally flew under my radar. 

Exciting to see them actually exist, the official release must be closing in. 

30 minutes ago, t yst r said:

Ovals & Emeralds on vinyl, finally!

Bit of a pity it's not an emerald green record, as it was originally intended to be on Mush Records.

It's being described as "glass bottle green". It has just a hue, but very different than an emerald green.

• 8 months later...

Any word on an official reissue date?

Ovals and Emeralds was always a bit too circus for my taste, but I'm appreciating it a bit more listening again after years. I'm noticing more similarities in sound with Vignetting; they are likely from a similar studio setup?

Vignetting the Compost.. while not a perfect album for me (some of the pop/folk hybrids miss the mark for me), it has some of my ALL TIME fav bibio tracks, namely Dopplerton and The Ephemeral Bluebell. I could listen to those forever, and they instantly take me back to a very special time when i was finishing up university. Mr. and Mrs. Compost and Odd Paws are also great fun tracks.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 9/12/2022 at 1:50 PM, markedone said:

Any word on an official reissue date?

Ovals and Emeralds was always a bit too circus for my taste, but I'm appreciating it a bit more listening again after years. I'm noticing more similarities in sound with Vignetting; they are likely from a similar studio setup?

Vignetting the Compost.. while not a perfect album for me (some of the pop/folk hybrids miss the mark for me), it has some of my ALL TIME fav bibio tracks, namely Dopplerton and The Ephemeral Bluebell. I could listen to those forever, and they instantly take me back to a very special time when i was finishing up university. Mr. and Mrs. Compost and Odd Paws are also great fun tracks.

These are FINALLY getting released! Next month! I'm getting killed on shipping but I've got no choice. Vignetting alone is an essential own for me.

https://bleep.com/release/386179-bibio-early-bibio-bundle

• Like 2