IGNORED

Skee Mask removes all of his music from Spotify

Rubin Farr

Maybe if live gig/DJ sets were happening and bringing in the cash Spotify would be more tolerable for Skee Mask and the label. If you want to survive as a full time musician it must be really tough at the moment. Still I’m sure most people who bought the vinyl use Spotify to listen on their phone. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DavieAddison said:

All of his discography but Pool seems to still be on Apple Music. Not sure if it's because they pay like twice as much as Spotify or if they just haven't been removed yet.

Wonder why Pool is the only one unavailable. Also, weird that Iss006 shows up as an album - maybe cause it's over 30 minutes?

Also, fuck Spotify, and I hope Apple continues to increase both their stream payout and their ad-revenue sharing (I didn't even know Apple Music had ads?).

15 hours ago, chenGOD said:

Wonder why Pool is the only one unavailable. Also, weird that Iss006 shows up as an album - maybe cause it's over 30 minutes?

Also, fuck Spotify, and I hope Apple continues to increase both their stream payout and their ad-revenue sharing (I didn't even know Apple Music had ads?).

He said when it was released that Pool wouldn't be coming to streaming services, it wasn't removed or anything.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DavieAddison said:

He said when it was released that Pool wouldn't be coming to streaming services, it wasn't removed or anything.

Oh that’s right I remember reading that on here I think. Thanks for the reminder!

• 9 months later...

Not really sure the best place to put it but I felt it necessary to alert fans of the Skee to his mighty, bulging remix body. He's not quite to Feast Beast levels yet but I've got a 6 track "EP" of his mixes open and it stands on its own. In fact, even as a Jacques Greene fan, his mix of "Relay" so utterly outshines the original that it reminds me of the Aphex moments of the 90s where his remix would cannonball the rest of the release out of the water. If you guys know others, let me know!

01 - Plaid - Maru

02 - Keleketla! - Swift Gathering

03 - Wladimir M - Planet E

04 - Konx-om-Pax - Rez

05 - Jacques Greene - Relay

06 - Principles Of Geometry - RAM 

• Thanks 2

pretty stupid decision but whatever

How so? So he can make epsilons of money? I'd call it sticking to his guns and making a principled action

• Like 1

On 10/21/2022 at 8:39 PM, xxx said:

Not really sure the best place to put it but I felt it necessary to alert fans of the Skee to his mighty, bulging remix body. He's not quite to Feast Beast levels yet but I've got a 6 track "EP" of his mixes open and it stands on its own. In fact, even as a Jacques Greene fan, his mix of "Relay" so utterly outshines the original that it reminds me of the Aphex moments of the 90s where his remix would cannonball the rest of the release out of the water. If you guys know others, let me know!

01 - Plaid - Maru

02 - Keleketla! - Swift Gathering

03 - Wladimir M - Planet E

04 - Konx-om-Pax - Rez

05 - Jacques Greene - Relay

06 - Principles Of Geometry - RAM 

Funny I just discovered this remix today. It’s fantastic. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, thedisavowed said:

Funny I just discovered this remix today. It’s fantastic. 

Like, I'm trying to keep my cool about it but it was a shocking experience. When it begins, it's so unassuming that I just felt so confident like "ah yeah, this will be a nice take" like I knew where it was headed. That swap to the garage/2-step was the first left turn and then those lush af ping-pong stabs started swarming around my head. By 1:22 when that ass kicking beat hits, it's such a "fuckin' hell!" moment. The rest of the track is just....dazzling. I know that's a very Liberace adjective to use but it's just what came to the fore. Yeah, anyway, Skee Team 6 on a tactical mission. 

I still feel funny because I am truly a Jacques Greene fan and if he's reading this, he needs to know that I buy and love his shit ?

Edited by xxx

@xxx here's another Skee Mask remix that makes my willy jump.

I think the intoxicating thing about Skee Mask is that he likes to inject this 90s sensibility into his music but it's never saccharine it's always cool as fuck. He knows EXACTLY what he's doing with those palettes, these are not imitations or copies. His love of 90s rave hits you right in the chest.

Edited by thedisavowed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1