IGNORED

Music that has made you cry

YangYing

I don't recall seeing this thread before.. And I couldn't find it when searching so!

Can be for any reason.. Whatever done it for u at some point.. Doesn't happen often for me but here are some:

(lyrics on this)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, logakght said:

the metaheaven where all sounds live.

literally made my cry again. Particularly the second half: Sounds like freedom, all sounds are free, happy, sounding however they want to sound, and yet everything blend into a beautiful soundscape of bliss.

• Thanks 1

Killer idea for a thread. It would be this

Knowing the backstory might help. Pasted from BC:

Wolastoqiyik Lintuwakonawa is the debut album by Canadian composer and tenor, Jeremy Dutcher – which involves post-classical rearrangement of his Wolastoq First Nation traditional music. Granted access to the Canadian Museum of History, Jeremy discovered wax cylinders from 1907 of his ancestors singing forgotten songs and stories that had been taken from the Wolastoqiyik Nation generations ago. The album is Jeremy’s contribution to his heritage and community in attempts to revitalize the Wolastoq language to the world, which has less than 100 speakers alive today. This collection of ground breaking post-classical arrangements is truly one of a kind and recalls the mood of Rufus Wainwright's operatic performance or the haunting pop of Anthony & The Johnsons. 

• Like 3

Strong sad-times in life are attached to a few pieces of music. Nanou2 still crushes me.

Happy crying is usually reserved for laughter, or intense moments / times with lovers, friends and family. Not much music with that particular release of overwhelming positivity :) 

• Like 4

BoC’s 5-9-78 has always stirred me to tears. I just can’t help myself. 

Goldie’s Dragonfly, an unconventional choice but very personal to me. I listened to this a lot when my older brother left for college. I listened to this album a lot when I’d drive down to see him in Minneapolis. The last couple minutes when the vocals layer in over the breaks - man it overwhelms me. Late night city vibes. 

• Like 1

many songs i could post, i'll start with this because i had a dream about it just now

when i was about ten years younger i was very, very emotive about the subject matter which Simon Green is eluding to in most of his albums (which he never, ever mentions in interviews, suprise suprise.)

Spoiler

other tracks by Bonobo - Brace Brace, If You Stayed Over, Heaven for The Sinner, No Reason

• Like 1

godspeed you! black emperor is the closest i've been to bawling at a gig, and i'm sure some of their albums have made me tear up over the years.

i found the last track of their latest album to be particularly emotive, esp. when accompanied with the visuals from the premiere stream (below at 46:30)

• Like 2