IGNORED

Music that has made you cry

YangYing

6 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

First time I saw this in got me big time. 

same here, one of my all-time favourite films. for the love of god, all of you watch Mulholland Drive and see for yourself how powerful this scene is when the rest of the film comes together.

since we've had a few a capella solos in this thread, here's one i fell in love with recently. the song itself, and the reason it hits me so hard, might need a trigger warning.

Spoiler

i'm on a psychiatric ward. and very simply, i'm seeing disturbing things happen to vulnerable people. i don't want to go further than to show my appreciation for this song, it's unbearably real.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 6:00 AM, brian trageskin said:

i was just thinking about bach's music and how he's probably responsible for the most heartbreaking tunes in existence imo. not that i know his music well, i really don't. can't provide an example.

Crucifixus bro.

And the D minor Chaconne for violin.

-cries-

Crying to music is my favorite thing.

Edited by thefxbip
  • Like 4

On 1/12/2022 at 4:19 PM, Audioblysk said:

Strong sad-times in life are attached to a few pieces of music. Nanou2 still crushes me.

Some great selections here, can't go past Aphex, got plenty of tracks that are chock full of emotion. A few sad faves off the top of my head

Qu 1

Btoum-Roumada

Kesson Dalek

Rhubarb Orc. 19.53 Rev

Reunion 2

s8v1 [brooklyn]

• Like 1

On 2/5/2022 at 7:50 AM, Soloman Tump said:

Does listening to Autechre actually make people here cry?

Ok.

First time I saw this in got me big time. 

Coupla great Autechre tracks mentioned too.. I'll add this - altibzz

Lynch/Badalamenti definitely have a few contenders - this one almost got me at the end of Twin Peaks

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, ryanpetersen said:

Great soundtrack and track <3, I'd really like to get a copy. Julian's Dead is probably my pick from that album 

While this Max Richter track is overused, with the right context and timing  it has the power to bring about an excess of the black bile, and elicit a tear. 

• Like 2

“I think the tough times are finally behind me. There'll always be bad things, but... my life is good. It is as I want it to be. It's good. It's good being here with you.”

• Like 1