IGNORED

Gábor Lázár - Boundary Object

d-a-m-o

Gábor Lázár’s “Boundary Object” is a collection of eight real-time recorded, unedited tracks made in Budapest and Prague between 2020 and 2022 using a self-designed compositional interface. It's Gábor Lázár’s second album for Planet Mu following “Source” in 2020.

The title comes from the idea of a Boundary object as a flexible concept of sociology and computation of how collaborations could happen between groups of people who have different kinds of backgrounds and different levels of knowledge. A Boundary object could be anything which translates between these groups to make a collaboration happen. Boundary objects are plastic, interpreted differently across communities but with enough common identity across social words and contexts to maintain integrity. This is a neat summary of how Gábor’s approach and working process led to his music on this album. Prismatic, flexible, and functioning on different levels of interpretation.

On “Boundary Object”, the shiny surfaces and uniformity of “Source” have collapsed inward, leaving intact the recognisable pulse and frames of his music. While each individual track has a non-linear structure, the album as a whole has a strong narrative. Passages that start out Trance-like and familiar warp and weft into different shapes as if Gábor is examining the music like a 3d object, pulling at the edges, breaking and rebuilding what he examines, turning expectations inside-out. “Boundary Object” is intense, full-spectrum and a lot of fun. 

Hyped to the max for this one, fist track is lush.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, thumbass said:

Not feeling this I'm afraid. Gabor has yet to impress me with his work. It's always just a tad too soulless sounding for me.

Check this out if you haven't yet, has one or two unreleased tracks in it too IIRC

I like his work but it all sounds the same to me. I cant tell the difference between this and the other albums I've listened to.

That being said I'll probably buy it.

3 hours ago, chronical said:

Check this out if you haven't yet, has one or two unreleased tracks in it too IIRC

I'm sorry, it's just not for me. But glad that so many people are into him though, he is talented for sure.

• 1 month later...
On 2/25/2022 at 4:57 AM, kuniklo said:

I'm liking this a lot better than his previous one. There's a lushness and a greater variety of sounds & sequences that engages my attention much more.

+1

Love the third track:

• Like 1

On 1/18/2022 at 9:45 PM, chronical said:

for anyone into gabor lazar :flower:

Love 'em. I wish they had CD versions. They have a great sound

• 2 weeks later...

Source's highlights are immense... but as an album it's yet to meet my initial expectations.

I like that new one a lot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nil said:

Source's highlights are immense... but as an album it's yet to meet my initial expectations.

I like that new one a lot.

Prob my favourite by him since the album with Mark Fell. Even the artwork sort of echoes it.

• Like 2

I'm glad I came across this post, because I really dig this artist. I can't help to think it sounds a bit like Mark Fell, but that's probably due to being ignorant still to how different they are. 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2022 at 12:44 AM, Ctenophore said:

I'm glad I came across this post, because I really dig this artist. I can't help to think it sounds a bit like Mark Fell, but that's probably due to being ignorant still to how different they are. 

They released a collab album together a while ago :

• 1 month later...