IGNORED

DJ Sprinkles & Mark Fell - Incomplete Insight (2012-2015) [CD-only, no digitals]

Rubin Farr

Instabought ! I do miss Sensate Focus stuff by Mark Fell.. i guess he ended this series and achieved what he wanted and went elsewhere ; saw him live with will Gutherie a few years ago, wicked collab !

On 1/13/2022 at 1:36 PM, Rubin Farr said:

lol

C0821FEC-BCE9-44DA-8C3E-F3071BB383AF.jpeg

and that blurb is right above the streaming previews. ?

I dont own a cd player anymore. if i did i would consider buying this.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Shimon_Shimon said:

I love that series, what about Sentielle Objectif Actualité? Isn't that album connected to the Sensate Focus series?

Also here.. ? yap. Its like SF remixed.

IMG_20220129_013049.jpg

• Like 1

1BAD910D-3BDB-4442-AFE2-C5569ABDFF1A.jpg

21 hours ago, egoretop said:

Also here.. ? yap. Its like SF remixed.

IMG_20220129_013049.jpg

Flirted with purchasing Performative Utterances many times over the years. Usually just after a fat overtime paycheque.

This week we (chatmm) were delighted to see it was finally on slsk. Now I see this and wonder if you are responsible lol.

Also, after giving it a listen, am so glad I didn't drop £100+ on it lolx2

• Like 1

14 hours ago, hello spiral said:

1BAD910D-3BDB-4442-AFE2-C5569ABDFF1A.jpg

Flirted with purchasing Performative Utterances many times over the years. Usually just after a fat overtime paycheque.

This week we (chatmm) were delighted to see it was finally on slsk. Now I see this and wonder if you are responsible lol.

Also, after giving it a listen, am so glad I didn't drop £100+ on it lolx2

everything is possible.  I gave an mp3 to a friend.  some people pay crazy money for a signed release, but in this case it's just a collector's item.

The problem with files is that they have no value if they have already been uploaded to slsk. Why pay if you already downloaded it?

if people would stop supporting the artist, then what's the point of releasing something?

I agree that there should always be previews, but then exclusivity disappears.  Going to a concert and listening to a recording of that concert are two different things.  it's the same with vinyl.

I broadly agree with Sprinkles and think its a decent approach to take, although I imagine it would not be possible to do with a less sympathetic fanbase. 

Theres something to be said about developing a sense of mystery and exclusivity about the presentation ones work that feeds into the music itself. I didn't really get into Sprinkles til quite late in the game cause it was so hard to find.  

4 hours ago, egoretop said:

everything is possible.  I gave an mp3 to a friend.  some people pay crazy money for a signed release, but in this case it's just a collector's item.

The problem with files is that they have no value if they have already been uploaded to slsk. Why pay if you already downloaded it?

if people would stop supporting the artist, then what's the point of releasing something?

I agree that there should always be previews, but then exclusivity disappears.  Going to a concert and listening to a recording of that concert are two different things.  it's the same with vinyl.

yeah, vinyl is worse quality

I have every LP in your pics except that Botrop Boy thing. I wouldn't consider some grotesquely overpriced 'art edition' LP as 'supporting the artist'

And after hearing it, it's clear he didn't waste any actually good music on that art edition

• Like 1

I'm against manufactured exclusivity, and for sharing music with anyone who wants to hear it. At the same time I like buying and supporting as much music as I can. Letting your exclusive limited to 50 copies record catching dust in the elite shelves without anyone being able to listen to it is a travesty. The value is in the music. 

I also own pretty much everything in those photos too except for that Performative Utterances record which I missed when it was sold, and I didn't want some discogs shark get way too much money without any of it going to the artist. Glad I found it on slsk after all those years wanting to be able to just hear it. 

Caved in into buying this 2CD even though all the exclusity bore to it, which meant I had to buy from boomkat, which came down to paying 40+ euros for a 2CD (import tax and forced to pay for tracking), with some tracks I already have from other records I own. No way to just buy the digitals (which are already in circulation now anyway) is a shame and I am really wondering why I still bought this because I don't agree with everything about Sprinkles' way of business (which probably means I am not even allowed to listen to it) and I already heard it without getting the CD in. I still like supporting the artists though, unfortunately in this case that means spending money on trivial stuff like shipping and import taxes.

Anyway, the music on it is really great, love it. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Herr Jan said:

I'm against manufactured exclusivity, and for sharing music with anyone who wants to hear it. At the same time I like buying and supporting as much music as I can. Letting your exclusive limited to 50 copies record catching dust in the elite shelves without anyone being able to listen to it is a travesty. The value is in the music. 

I also own pretty much everything in those photos too except for that Performative Utterances record which I missed when it was sold, and I didn't want some discogs shark get way too much money without any of it going to the artist. Glad I found it on slsk after all those years wanting to be able to just hear it. 

Caved in into buying this 2CD even though all the exclusity bore to it, which meant I had to buy from boomkat, which came down to paying 40+ euros for a 2CD (import tax and forced to pay for tracking), with some tracks I already have from other records I own. No way to just buy the digitals (which are already in circulation now anyway) is a shame and I am really wondering why I still bought this because I don't agree with everything about Sprinkles' way of business (which probably means I am not even allowed to listen to it) and I already heard it without getting the CD in. I still like supporting the artists though, unfortunately in this case that means spending money on trivial stuff like shipping and import taxes.

Anyway, the music on it is really great, love it. 

Performative Utterances was £100+ new, it's some wanky boutique art edition thing

Edited by hello spiral