IGNORED

bandcamp discography purchase

species8472

never purchased a discography before but am tempted - but my question is if i do so does it make my new purchases feed completely insane and add every release? i am assuming it does, as what else would it possibly do. but i don't want this. who has bought a discography?

I've bought many full discographies, Bandcamp adds them all as individual releases in your collection, so yeah, It's a bit of a bother as the collection tools are bloody awful, I've currently got 3765 releases in it and it's practically unusable as you can't filter or organize it properly with facets like label, artist, etc. or tag/label them yourself, there's only the godawful free text search which doesn't work like it should. I've approached Bandcamp with plenty of suggestions to make it better, or at least try to get them to publish an API so I could pull the collection (meta)data somewhere else and make proper tools for myself, but to no avail.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, dcom said:

I've bought many full discographies, Bandcamp adds them all as individual releases in your collection, so yeah, It's a bit of a bother as the collection tools are bloody awful, I've currently got 3765 releases in it and it's practically unusable as you can't filter or organize it properly with facets like label, artist, etc. or tag/label them yourself, there's only the godawful free text search which doesn't work like it should. I've approached Bandcamp with plenty of suggestions to make it better, or at least try to get them to publish an API so I could pull the collection (meta)data somewhere else and make proper tools for myself, but to no avail.

I too have messaged bandcamp support a number of times.

Simple things like being able to filter your collection by TAG (ffs... why cant you even do that? If I just wanna check out all the #idm or #techno in my collection that should be possible! )

I also suggested folders... could I please just put all my NOISE into one folder, techno elsewhere... cant be too tricky for them to sort out?

And yeah it adds every release to your collection, which is fine, but as above it would be lush to have some very basic filtering tools available.

• Like 1