IGNORED

Technical Itch Appreciation Thread

J3FF3R00

Tech Itch has always been one of my favorite producers of all time. His tracks are always innovative and visionary with a possession of craft like no other. He seems like he’s always been at the top of the game and ahead of the curve but I feel he’s never gotten the proper recognition he deserves, most likely due to the dark edge of his sound. Still, his style is unmatched. Dude is a GOAT for real. Share your faves. 

• Like 5

I have a Tech Itch live recording from a Renegade Hardware event years ago, severely awesome and probably one of my most played d&b mixes ever.

Also, back in 2003, John Peel knew

https://soundcloud.com/zipik/technical-itch-peel-session-16

Edited by Soloman Tump
  • Like 4

2 more things I love about Tech Itch: 1) there was a period there when techstep/2-step-dnb started taking over the genre and it wasn’t fashionable to use the amen break anymore and Tech Itch was like “nah. Fuck y’all. I’ll still use that break and fuckin kill y’all with it” and he did. 2) he set the blueprint for avant producers like current value. 

I saw him spin live at a party in Chicago back in the 90s. Someone OD’d and started foaming at the mouth behind the decks and he kept spinning. They ended up busting the party but he was spinning right up to the end. It was tight. 

• Like 2

The thing that I find amazing about Technical Itch is how prolific and consistent he is. Of course the old-school stuff is always going to be special, but his more recent releases still include some massive bangers:

• Like 2
  • Burger 1

Tech Itch is a real prodigious talent, to be sure. I'm not always one for dnb that isn't jungle or drumfunk but the guy seldom makes a single misstep from what I've heard

• 11 months later...