IGNORED

This Instrument, New (first) Soundcloud Profile

cricketbones

• 2 weeks later...

Holy shit im loving the dense layers on moderechedechred.  I was expecting an acid techno track and got a whole ass experience.  I like the multi-movement structure.  Keep it up.

The slight reverb on the drums is also a nice touch on that one.  It makes the whole track sound damp and otherworldly.

Very cool stuff! I too dig the dense layers, it's a bit like the elements are weaving themselves in and out of a tapestry of ambiguous tones and rhythms. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

woah, pink death and white truffle are very cool. sounds very pro. awesome textures and sound design.
you have a new follower (and former torontonian) ?

4 hours ago, gnarlybog said:

woah, pink death and white truffle are very cool. sounds very pro. awesome textures and sound design.
you have a new follower (and former torontonian) ?

Hey thanks! Followed back, good stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, cricketbones said:

https://soundcloud.com/thisinstrument/peanut-butter-breath-dub-test

I  don't why it isn't embedding properly at the moment or why I can't edit my previous post. I guess the mysteries of this forum are elusive to me. 

Yeah the embed works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't like to years in my case lol then it suddenly started working recently.

3 hours ago, TheBro said:

Yeah the embed works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't like to years in my case lol then it suddenly started working recently.

Ah, good to know. I did change the file, due to uploading the wrong one, but it's the same URL.

• 1 month later...
On 8/2/2022 at 8:18 AM, cricketbones said:

I finally found time away from work and Elden Ring to make and post a new track!

Yeah this is pretty great. The breakbeats are dope and evolve nicely. And that sample of what sounds like a conversation is really well placed in the mix. Simple but sweet basslines too. Nice track.

Edited by Alzado

16 hours ago, Alzado said:

Yeah this is pretty great. The breakbeats are dope and evolve nicely. And that sample of what sounds like a conversation is really well placed in the mix. Simple but sweet basslines too. Nice track.

Thanks for listening and the feedback! Everyone wants their track to be heard, but it can sometimes be tough to find feedback, good or bad. I'm guilty of listening and not responding myself at times.

1 hour ago, cricketbones said:

Thanks for listening and the feedback! Everyone wants their track to be heard, but it can sometimes be tough to find feedback, good or bad. I'm guilty of listening and not responding myself at times.

I typically will leave feedback if I have anything nice to say. I might not love a track, but if some part of it seems promising, I’ll comment on that part and try to be encouraging about the rest. If I think something is bad, I will listen without commenting. I know what it’s like to suck. And people should be allowed to suck and keep trying without having their confidence crushed. Putting your tracks out there is like putting out a small part of yourself for others to see. I try to honor that vulnerability. 

But not an issue here because this track is great!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've heard some great tracks on here lately that inspired me to take another run at a track I started over a year ago. This also came from making it in a state where I can manipulate it live for an upcoming set.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I dunno if this is allowed, but if by chance anyone lives in the Toronto area that reads this forum wants to see me play live, it's happening tomorrow night Oct 22, 2022 at the Dock Ellis on Dundas. Starts at 9pm. Sexy psychedelic dance show.

• 2 weeks later...

I unfortunately do not have any good audio (so far) from the set I did. This is due to 'reliable' being an abstract concept to be ignored for the people around me at the time. I do have these two renders I did here that are close enough to how I started the first 15 min or so.

There's also some video, but I don't have it yet for the aforementioned reason. Decent enough turnout considering it was a bunch of no ones at a nobody place. I put way too much pressure on myself and stressed about some silly shit that didn't matter instead of trying to chill and have a wheeeee! good time. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Summon Dot E X E said:

So, an IDM show ?

I used to get stressed before shows, too. Now, I just don't have time to do shows, so, problem solved.

pink death is awesome. Very intense and it doesn't get tiring or boring. The vocal sample is really well placed. Thanks for making the download available - I grabbed it :beer:

Hey thanks! I think the stress issue could've been remedied with some shots, but I don't really drink so much anymore. 

• Like 1