IGNORED

Romance - Once Upon A Time

fumi

Out tomorrow.

"Romance pen an extended love note to Celine Dion, re-imagining the Canadian icon's cultural locked grooves as a set of post-vaporwave crybient zoners that are part OPN's timeless "Eccojams", part "Disintegration Loops” Basinski and part Malibu/DJ Lostboi on ice."

cover-66.jpg

https://boomkat.com/products/once-upon-a-time-446b5d73-02f9-4d77-a9fe-f9af720deaa8

• Like 1

Now available on digital this morning too. Read the description and was going to dismiss this as a cheap bit of silly whimsy but something made me listen to the preview anyway and .... well the last track may well be my ambient track of the year already, simply devastating in its beauty.

39 minutes ago, mcbpete said:

Now available on digital this morning too. Read the description and was going to dismiss this as a cheap bit of silly whimsy but something made me listen to the preview anyway and .... well the last track may well be my ambient track of the year already, simply devastating in its beauty.

Almost a bit too similar :huh:

really digging the samples, concept reminds me of those 1958-2009 tapes though I'm not sure those were MJ samples 

nonetheless, it's nice to see someone take the eccojams method and apply it to more unabashed mainstream pop like Celine Dion and not just easier fodder like city pop or 80s synthpop deep cuts

• 5 months later...
On 2/6/2022 at 3:43 AM, joshuatxuk said:

really digging the samples, concept reminds me of those 1958-2009 tapes though I'm not sure those were MJ samples 

nonetheless, it's nice to see someone take the eccojams method and apply it to more unabashed mainstream pop like Celine Dion and not just easier fodder like city pop or 80s synthpop deep cuts

I've never heard this. Thanks for the heads-up. Fantastic stuff.

• Like 2