IGNORED

Exeisms - Problem Locket (2011) müd / ignatius collab (with DL Codes)

ignatius

so, this release stayed under the radar. it's a collaboration between me and a friend. a little while ago i put a bunch of download codes on my twitter so thought i'd add it here since i don't think i made a thread for it???  have always been stoked on it.  there's like 30 codes in the twitter thread. 

happy saturday or someshit. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1

• ignatius changed the title to Exeisms - Problem Locket (2011) müd / ignatius collab (with DL Codes)

to make life easier there's some of the codes. use'm go DL it. it's fckn good. 

https://exeisms.bandcamp.com/yum

jqvx-7386

6bbj-vx7k

kddr-ypa9

zqq5-bf3t

zgrb-xml7

ykll-et55

3zpq-ub7r

5t97-exql

rktx-35ge

d3kp-xfru

payg-epxq

7q6e-uzma

xb3f-ezkb

qvxm-3gzx

ffe6-hu9q

ld7u-556z

wmwu-644n

e8jv-kqee

rufr-6zr3

alad-yzx4

rp9e-76ma

k6rb-xjx7

kyll-eya5

utpj-7rfr

mz97-54jl

fyyd-ba8e

wukp-xnbu

emyg-eelq

brky-3b5t

ax3z-hxnb

8evz-v55x

xxr2-ea9z

jemd-u2g6

6rre-jhfk

zllb-ye59

• Thanks 1

I listened to this two times yesterday,

and then one time today at a pretty high volume :

loving it, great suff, I used a dl code, thank you !

Edited by neurone
  • Thanks 1

some of those codes haven't been used so if you're holding off for any reason have a go. if somehow the codes are done let me know by posting here and i'll add some more. ?

36 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

How did you make those low frequency buzz sounds?  I love that shit.

thanks. the low frequency buzz sounds? idk yo.. you'd have to be more specific. but this was a collaboration so maybe i didn't even make them. the synth in first track is Aalto by madrona labs. drums are a few things being processed by u-he filterscape which is that feedback stutter type thing on some of the drums. basically a short delay w/high feedback and filter.. but also some processing from now discontinued izotope spectron i think. was a long time ago so not sure about some things. 

jay, who i made this with, uses reaktor a bunch or was at the time. last track has lot's of that FM synth by max for cats.  it's called Bengal. 

Edited by ignatius

19 minutes ago, ignatius said:

thanks. the low frequency buzz sounds? idk yo.. you'd have to be more specific. but this was a collaboration so maybe i didn't even make them. the synth in first track is Aalto by madrona labs. drums are a few things being processed by u-he filterscape which is that feedback stutter type thing on some of the drums. basically a short delay w/high feedback and filter.. but also some processing from now discontinued izotope spectron i think. was a long time ago so not sure about some things. 

jay, who i made this with, uses reaktor a bunch or was at the time. last track has lot's of that FM synth by max for cats.  it's called Bengal. 

I was referring to the low frequency sawtooth sounding shit in the first track, it's kinda quiet but it adds some rumbly crackly textures, like vinyl crackles

Does max for cats require max for live or can it be used in the basic version of ableton live?

2 hours ago, drillkicker said:

I was referring to the low frequency sawtooth sounding shit in the first track, it's kinda quiet but it adds some rumbly crackly textures, like vinyl crackles

Does max for cats require max for live or can it be used in the basic version of ableton live?

oh.. i think that's either spectron or the u-he filterscape on the drums.. couple be other stuff though. there's layers of weirdness in that track. 

max for cats is a m4l instrument so requires max for live. if you're looking for FM there's a bunch of stuff out there these days that is standard vst/au etc. plogue came out with one a while back. OP7 which is bit accurate copy of a dx7.  the arturia DX7 sounds good once you program around that arturia sheen. it can import all the dx7 presets as sysex though so it's pretty unlimited. the UI isn't everyone's fav though.  also NI FM8 of course..  u-he zebra can do a lot though.. kinda can do everything almost. 

26 minutes ago, ignatius said:

oh.. i think that's either spectron or the u-he filterscape on the drums.. couple be other stuff though. there's layers of weirdness in that track. 

max for cats is a m4l instrument so requires max for live. if you're looking for FM there's a bunch of stuff out there these days that is standard vst/au etc. plogue came out with one a while back. OP7 which is bit accurate copy of a dx7.  the arturia DX7 sounds good once you program around that arturia sheen. it can import all the dx7 presets as sysex though so it's pretty unlimited. the UI isn't everyone's fav though.  also NI FM8 of course..  u-he zebra can do a lot though.. kinda can do everything almost. 

Lately ive been just sampling acoustic stuff and processing it until it sounds unrecognizable, which im really into, but im also searching for more escape routes for creative flows to take flight.  Thanks for all the leads.

27 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

Lately ive been just sampling acoustic stuff and processing it until it sounds unrecognizable, which im really into, but im also searching for more escape routes for creative flows to take flight.  Thanks for all the leads.

samplig using mics always has a nice texture to it even if it's a bad recording. something about soundwaves hitting air and bouncing around and being picked up by a mic. it's in space or whatever. processing that stuff is always fun 

that sergeXT synth is free and sounds interesting. also the Stoachas sequencer at same site is cool. 

https://surge-synthesizer.github.io

there's lot's of good leads in the "free music software" thread too. 

• Like 1

Listened to this on my walk around the neighborhood today, felt cool as hell 10/10

realized my fly was down halfway through but at least the music was good

(true story)

• Haha 1