IGNORED

Did Darrell Fitton had a finger in AE?

cern

Did the BolaMan had a bigger role than just the Gescom for early AE-Incunabula LegoFeet days??? 

Listen to those pad layers with reverbs and shit.. 

I think he did more than we know about! 
Thats why sensitive listeners who can only listen to Early AE likes that sound so much - Its Bola! 

I think we should respect their privacy. Speculation about who fingered who back in the day will get us nowhere.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Big Brain 1

I had heard a rumour that Fitton was going to release a noise album called Bola-Fista but couldn’t get the scream samples he used cleared…. I wonder if this has anything to do with it??

It’s been in interviews where they have said that Bola helped them with writing melodies which I always took as he gave them some basic music theory training and most likely showed them examples of what’s he’s explaining. Therefore it stands to reason that initial exploration with the new knowledge would be more or less copies of what you got shown until developing your own processes and ideas etc.

It could just as easily be as the OP said though and he did actually do that bit of those tunes. They were clearly friends not work colleagues, so who did what is less of an issue in my opinion.